Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FD behaviour

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2004, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M, BA Executive Club, Sofitel Plat, Priority Club, Starwood Preferred Guest
Angry FD behaviour

Whilst I agree that airline FF programmes often receive justified criticism, I would like to share with you an experience on board a KL flight from Cape Town to Amsterdam yesterday.
One FF (Mr 3K, you know who you are) disagreed with the number of miles it takes to upgrade from Economy (35 000?) for this route as opposed to the 20 000 it apparently takes from Los Angeles. When listening to this one could agree that there seems to be no logic to this. The FF asked a Customer Relations letter from the purser, which was offered. However, after this, the FF went on to encourage others in the cabin to do the same. The result: two more letters with apparently the same topic. How cheap.
Too bad he didn't ask me too. I would have told have to get real, quit the childish behaviour and fight his own battles! Sometimes I'm ashamed to be Dutch...!
I do believe the FD programme is very generous, especially for Elite levels. And which programmes still allow upgrading from the very lowest (V-class) fares? I wonder!
Old Jun 17, 2004, 2:01 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: BA, LH, KL, EY, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson
You're right IMO...

And what will be the likely outcome? KLM decreasing the mileage needed down to the cape or increasing the mileage for US...

edited to add: Welcome to ft! I just saw this was your first post.
Old Jun 17, 2004, 4:34 am

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
Talking

Please dont be ashamed to be Dutch! Being British can be much worse! (Almost as bad sometimes as being American )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.