Wiki Posts
Search

NEW: Member Get Member Bonus Promotion

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2004, 3:34 am
Original Poster

NEW: Member Get Member Bonus Promotion

Received this morning .

"Fying Dutchman has initiated a special boeing 777 promotion. Not only do we want you to enjoy the priviliges and comfort of our exapansion, we would be honoured to welcome your friends and family as well. It is an intesting time to invite them, since every friend you bring on board with Flying Dutchman before July 31, 2004 will earn you a bonus of 777 Award miles. When they take their first flight with KLM or one of our FD airline partners, you will receive the same bonus again. Their first flight must be made before Oct £1, 2004.

Whats more, your friends will also receive and initial bonus of 777 Award miles when they take that first flight. When three of your friends become member and have all flown KLM within the promotional period, we will add to the 777 experience by giving you the official scale model of the Boeing 777. And finally, you and the new members get the chance to win two round trip boeing 777 tickets to one of our 777 destinations.
Old May 1, 2004, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Two timex 777 Award Miles? Did I hear that right? Ha ha ha ha ha ha!

I can remember when they offered 10,000 Flying Dutchman points for each new member! Flying Dutchman being Flying Dutchman, I of course never got a single point for three of the five new members I signed up, so they still owe me 30,000 x 1.83 = 54,900 miles.

johan
Old May 1, 2004, 6:58 am

Programs: KLM Flying Dutchman forever, bmi Diamond Club (is there a theme here?), LH, BA, EK, DL nobody
Anyway the promo seems to target UK residents only, so it doesn't reeaally mattter for the rest of us
Old May 1, 2004, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by apoivre
Anyway the promo seems to target UK residents only, so it doesn't reeaally mattter for the rest of us
No, I got the same promotion by mail this morning, but my reaction was similar to johan's.
Old May 1, 2004, 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by johan rebel
Two timex 777 Award Miles? Did I hear that right? Ha ha ha ha ha ha!

I can remember when they offered 10,000 Flying Dutchman points for each new member! Flying Dutchman being Flying Dutchman, I of course never got a single point for three of the five new members I signed up, so they still owe me 30,000 x 1.83 = 54,900 miles.

johan
I also remember that one. A friend of mine got me five referals and I ended up with 50.000 old miles which almost ended up as 100K new miles. Gotta love it.
Old May 4, 2004, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just got mine today. What a joke. What waste of money

And if that was not enough, why not try to get some feedback from those who flew the 777 before centering a marketing gimmick around it?
Old May 5, 2004, 4:29 pm
msn

Don't forget the paper "airplane" model.

I get this big square envelope, thinking they were inviting PE's to see the new 777 up close, or perhaps announce the AF deal, but instead it's 777 miles.

To think of the money they wasted on postage!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.