Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Adding lounge access

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2024, 11:29 am
Original Poster

Adding lounge access

Hi - I am currently tracking fares for March 2025 to Thailand. Super keen to booked as some good prices going out KLM and back AF in biz otherwise we'll need to go PE. Last year we managed to snag a bargain upgrade to biz going out on AF (on e check-in) and even though it was the old 777 biz seats I have been ruined for the service, food and most importantly ability to lay flat and sleep.

On the outbound leg EDI-AMS-BKK-HKT so 2 stops. We only need one checked bag pp so happy to take a light fare (if available) and pay extra for just the AMS lounge to save a few pounds.

Today I started a dummy booking on KLM to see prices and seat choice and before seat selection it offered to add lounge access (interestingly no option given when I try same on the AF website though prices match). However IMO it could be more clear what I'd be booking. Do you reckon below is to add lounge access just at Edinburgh? Seems a little too good a price to be both EDI and AMS and would only really want at AMS where we will have 5 hr layover. Don't really care about lounge access in Edinburgh to be honest (it would just be the Aspire lounge anyway and I can book much cheaper to book elsewhere even if I did). Definitely wont include a lounge at BKK as that final flight is on Bangkok Airways economy and Skyteam don't have any in the domestic terminal. TIA

(not the return leg fare as I selected a standard fare that includes lounge access)

Last edited by troubleonline; Mar 25, 2024 at 1:27 pm Reason: clarify couple of points
Old Mar 25, 2024, 1:29 pm
Original Poster

Sorry no idea how to delete the post but I tried a premium economy/ comfort booking to see what lounge options it offered and it came up Crown Lounge 52 for same price (and as the only option to add) so I think this is the lounge they are offering and not Edinburgh. So I was right in that it was unclear!
Old Mar 28, 2024, 1:02 pm

Adding lounge access AMS 25 ?

I am flying business class EDI-AMS -BKK (J & I ) and returning business class BKK-AMS-EDI ( O&J )
on both journeys my booking includes access to the Crown Lounge 52 in Amsterdam.
On the EDI-AMS ( J ) it is offering lounge access as follows AMS 25 at £42 or 9700 miles
On the return journey BKK-AMS World business class (O) it is offering lounge access again AMS 25 at £42 or 9700
I am flying blue silver so discounted from £55.80
The AMS is confusing would I be correct in assuming this for lounge access at Edinburgh and Bangkok because of my ticket ?
Old Mar 28, 2024, 4:49 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
If you can access Lounge 52 and can physically get to the door to Lounge 25 (viz. you are able to enter Schengen), you are able to enter Lounge 25.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 3:34 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
The offer of lounge access as an ancillary is known to be broken and is regularly offered to pax who already have lounge access included in the ticket or by way of status. I would just discount the offer absolutely.

FWIW you could enter 25 if you wanted with your onwards non-Schengen ticket, but there's no point, 52 is heaps better.
troubleonline likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 4:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Rickrifa
I am flying business class EDI-AMS -BKK (J & I ) and returning business class BKK-AMS-EDI ( O&J )
on both journeys my booking includes access to the Crown Lounge 52 in Amsterdam.
On the EDI-AMS ( J ) it is offering lounge access as follows AMS 25 at £42 or 9700 miles
On the return journey BKK-AMS World business class (O) it is offering lounge access again AMS 25 at £42 or 9700
I am flying blue silver so discounted from £55.80
The AMS is confusing would I be correct in assuming this for lounge access at Edinburgh and Bangkok because of my ticket ?
I actually booked our tickets last night and flying EDI-AMS-BKK (and in fact HKT). The EDI-AMS-BKK-HKK leg was booked as a light / basic fare that clearly states no lounge access included. The AMS-BKK leg shown as O on the ticket and the EDI-AMS as J. So I would say that your ticket doesn't include lounge access on the BKK-AMS leg and that is why it was offered. However I think lounge access is included on your outbound leg as our r​​​​eturn leg (BKK-CDG-EDI) was booked a standard fare that includes lounge access. Ticket shows BKK-CDG as I, and CDG-EDI as J so I am expecting the return ticket to include access at both BKK and CDG. I beleive that 'I' is used for discount business so if you picked the cheapest fare on that leg you likely booked the light fare.

However am sure someone will correct me if am wrong!
Old Mar 29, 2024, 5:09 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Originally Posted by troubleonline
I actually booked our tickets last night and flying EDI-AMS-BKK (and in fact HKT). The EDI-AMS-BKK-HKK leg was booked as a light / basic fare that clearly states no lounge access included. The AMS-BKK leg shown as O on the ticket and the EDI-AMS as J. So I would say that your ticket doesn't include lounge access on the BKK-AMS leg and that is why it was offered. However I think lounge access is included on your outbound leg as our r​​​​eturn leg (BKK-CDG-EDI) was booked a standard fare that includes lounge access. Ticket shows BKK-CDG as I, and CDG-EDI as J so I am expecting the return ticket to include access at both BKK and CDG. I beleive that 'I' is used for discount business so if you picked the cheapest fare on that leg you likely booked the light fare.

Light and Standard aren't distinguished by fare class.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 6:16 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by troubleonline

Letters. Don't. Matter.
hhdl likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 6:17 am
Original Poster

O.K.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.