Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Economy Comfort or extra legroom?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2023, 3:07 pm
Original Poster

Economy Comfort or extra legroom?

Hi again! My flight out we are down the back but are looking for some extra leg room? Would you recommend and exit row for £58pp or Ecomony comfort for £116pp. Aircraft will be a 777-300er flight time 11ish hours if that makes a difference?
Old Oct 16, 2023, 4:09 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by IamaBear
Hi again! My flight out we are down the back but are looking for some extra leg room? Would you recommend and exit row for £58pp or Ecomony comfort for £116pp. Aircraft will be a 777-300er flight time 11ish hours if that makes a difference?
About exit row , remember you cant recline your seat, also if you need some rest the exit row is just in front of lavatories so its gonna be a traffic point throughout the whole night

If you can get the economy comfort seat at the front of the cabin you will have better recline , bit more quiet cause not located near engines and even more legroom, but the middle section of the first economy comfort row is usually assigned to families with babies

I would say take the second option for a night flight and the first one for a day flight
Old Oct 16, 2023, 4:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fifty_two
About exit row , remember you cant recline your seat, also if you need some rest the exit row is just in front of lavatories so its gonna be a traffic point throughout the whole night

If you can get the economy comfort seat at the front of the cabin you will have better recline , bit more quiet cause not located near engines and even more legroom, but the middle section of the first economy comfort row is usually assigned to families with babies

I would say take the second option for a night flight and the first one for a day flight
thanks for that very helpful! Not a night flight the day GRU. Just a quick one I didn’t think recline was an issue on widebody emergency exits?
Old Oct 16, 2023, 9:08 pm

Programs: FB, M&B, UA, AA
Originally Posted by IamaBear
thanks for that very helpful! Not a night flight the day GRU. Just a quick one I didn’t think recline was an issue on widebody emergency exits?
I think you are right, but beware that the seats are narrower since table and screens are in the armrests; if you have a seat (or even a row) free next to you you cannot use it since the armrests cannot be taken away; the window seat may actually have an intrusion by the thick door; and of course you also your laptop bag has to be in the bins at take off and landing. I am usually happier with a regular EC seat, but that is maybe my size (not really small) and personal taste.
Old Oct 16, 2023, 11:16 pm

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by fifty_two
About exit row , remember you cant recline your seat
You can't recline the seat in front of the exit row - on the 777 even that is not a problem since there's a bulkhead or toilet in front of the exit row.

To the OP's question - as mentioned, seats in the exit row are narrower and I'm always annoyed that I turn on the overhead light just by moving. Historically I've found the number people congregating in the exit row (to stand up or to wait for the toilet) bothersome, so I have always chosen for Eco Comfort since.
mpkz likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2023, 2:20 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Personally I prefer economy comfort. Not only because of the reasons mentioned, but probably mainly because you'd be among the first of the Economy cabin to disembark. Depending on where you are travelling to that may save you half an hour (or more) at immigration.
Old Oct 17, 2023, 2:52 am
Suspended

I prefer exit row if the flight is full and comfort otherwise. In comfort, you have enough leg room but still need to move for people going the toilet / ask them to move. In an exit row, the seats are narrower and the fixed arm rests mean that even if the seat next to you is free, it doesn't help you at all, but at least you have free access to the aisles which is nice during such a long flight.

When I don't know the loads beforehand, I usually book economy comfort. I find that those seats are less likely to fill up than exit rows (I guess because they are half as expensive, something I never realized since I don't pay for them)
Old Oct 17, 2023, 11:10 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM - IHG Diamond
As I'm 6'4", I'd go for the exit row because of the extra legroom. E\It's also easier to get up when YOU have to visit the lavatory. The downside is that is can get cold near the doors - always have a sweater/sweatshirt/jacket available.
Old Oct 17, 2023, 2:39 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ecaarch
As I'm 6'4", I'd go for the exit row because of the extra legroom. E\It's also easier to get up when YOU have to visit the lavatory. The downside is that is can get cold near the doors - always have a sweater/sweatshirt/jacket available.
Just FYI for the OP, I am the same height and find comfort seats fine unless the person in front reclines for a long time...
Old Oct 18, 2023, 2:32 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Eurobonus Silver, ALL Gold
To confirm, immigration at GRU can have a very long wait time so being in front is a big advantage.
Old Oct 24, 2023, 12:52 pm

I’m currently sitting in economy comfort on KL863 to NRT and I’d definitely recommend. The extra room really is quite noticeable and as there’s plenty overhead space I’ve managed to stow everything, even jacket and kept the legs pace entirely for the legs, I also upgraded to the celebration meal and having seen what was served to the others, I’d definitely recommend.
AnaTFN likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2023, 1:28 am

Hello everyone,

Regarding Economy Comfort on any 777-300ER equipped with the latest 35J 24W 322Y config (economy starting at row 17),

Has anyone experienced it and/or is able to tell us how good is the legroom at the first row of Y (Economy Comfort), row 17 ? (And not row 10)

How far is the bulkhead from the seat ?

I have not flown this variant yet and I was not able to find reports, pictures or videos online.

I sometimes find bulkheads to be too close to the first row and to limit legroom too much. (Like on LH A333 Y bulkhead row, LH A320 J class bulkhead row 1, DL A333 last Y center row bulkhead, AF 772 Y first row on 260Y or 216Y variants.)

Thank you in advance if anyone knows.
Old Oct 31, 2023, 1:51 am

Programs: FlyingBlue
Originally Posted by on.the.bowery
Hello everyone,

Regarding Economy Comfort on any 777-300ER equipped with the latest 35J 24W 322Y config (economy starting at row 17),

Has anyone experienced it and/or is able to tell us how good is the legroom at the first row of Y (Economy Comfort), row 17 ? (And not row 10)

How far is the bulkhead from the seat ?

I have not flown this variant yet and I was not able to find reports, pictures or videos online.

I sometimes find bulkheads to be too close to the first row and to limit legroom too much. (Like on LH A333 Y bulkhead row, LH A320 J class bulkhead row 1, DL A333 last Y center row bulkhead, AF 772 Y first row on 260Y or 216Y variants.)

Thank you in advance if anyone knows.
The legroom of front row is gargantuan on this configuration.
The seatmap correctly shows the number of windows. Your biggest challenge, if you are seating A/K, will be to decide which window to use to look outside.
Old Oct 31, 2023, 2:14 am

Originally Posted by maalloc
The legroom of front row is gargantuan on this configuration.
The seatmap correctly shows the number of windows. Your biggest challenge, if you are seating A/K, will be to decide which window to use to look outside.
Thank you !

If the legroom is good, left or right, port or starboard, any view on a shiny GE90 will satisfy me.
Old Oct 31, 2023, 2:17 am

Programs: FlyingBlue

Digged this one from a few months ago so that you can see for yourself. Space is massive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.