Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Paying for a booking on KLM.com

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2022, 10:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Gold. Miles and More SEN.
Paying for a booking on KLM.com

I'm trying to buy flights using both the KLM app and the website methods.

I go through the process of preparing the booking but at the end my payment doesn't go through.

I've tried using two different credit cards.

Anyone have an idea what the issue might be? KLM CS via Facebook are completely unhelpful.

Last edited by Yony; Dec 28, 2022 at 12:13 am
Old Dec 28, 2022, 2:31 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by Yony
I'm trying to buy flights using both the KLM app and the website methods.

I go through the process of preparing the booking but at the end my payment doesn't go through.

I've tried using two different credit cards.

Anyone have an idea what the issue might be? KLM CS via Facebook are completely unhelpful.
Unless both cards have a problem, it is called an IT issue.

Note down the PNR created during the booking process, call them and settle the bill over the phone.
Old Dec 28, 2022, 2:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by carnarvon
Unless both cards have a problem, it is called an IT issue.

Note down the PNR created during the booking process, call them and settle the bill over the phone.
Thanks. I've tried giving them the ref but they can't see anything attached to it. They're hopeless.

Callng them is also an issue because I'm on holiday on a different continent and the call would cost a fortune.

I'll try for a third day tomorrow.
Old Dec 28, 2022, 3:00 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by Yony
(...) I'm on holiday on a different continent and the call would cost a fortune.(...) .
If you use Skype, it will cost you a penny and a half.
irishguy28, etiene, Yony and 1 others like this.
Old Dec 28, 2022, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Can it be due to the popup window for CC security check that is blocked by your browser ? It happened to me once.
carnarvon likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2022, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Why don't you use a different website?

KLM.com is not the only website that sells tickets for the journey you want.
Old Dec 28, 2022, 11:41 am

Programs: FB, M&B, UA, AA
The CC verification suggested by Goldorak may be an issue indeed. Sometimes if I use my CC's on another continent very soon after I used it at home, algorithms go on alert modus since you do a payment from a very unexpected location. Particularly if it concerns relatively large sums like for an airline ticket. Checking if the popup suggested by Goldorak is not blocked, or maybe using an OTA website may help.
Billyfergus likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2022, 4:26 am

Do check if payments are being held, call your cc company. My friend purchased 7 identical flights when she thought it was not working, an IT glitch. Took a while to get the refund. So do not keep trying over and over.
Old Dec 30, 2022, 1:11 am
Original Poster

Booking finally made. Called using Skype (an alternative I hadn't thought of - thanks).

Few things in life can be relied on, but KLM's dreadful IT is one of them.
Goldorak likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2023, 6:20 pm

Programs: Bear Backers
Sometimes if booking multi leg flight and one airline will not confirm, it wont take the payment even though it shows as available..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.