Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Refund issues!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2022, 7:08 am
Original Poster

Refund issues!

I’m a flying blue gold member and asking anybody can they help! Back in April we booked refundable flights to the USA, later we wanted to change dates so rang KLM, service agent said no problem as flights are refundable she cancelled, filled in a refund request form and rebooked, she told us we would have refund within a few weeks.

since then KLM agents have resubmitted forms over and over again, message I always receive is they can’t issue refund due to incorrect payment method, they asked for my CC details, I supplied them, they asked for bank details I supplied them, same issue over and over again and there is absolutely no way to talk directly to anybody in the refunds department.

I must have made 15 calls at this stage and never make any progress.

The refund is for almost 6,000 Euro and it’s nearly October!

any ideas, I’m at the point of raising a small claims dispute with legal services.

nobody disputes the refund, they just aren’t making the payment!
Old Sep 24, 2022, 7:24 am

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
Why don't you contact your credit card company and start a dispute there? That should be much faster.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 7:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mfkne
Why don't you contact your credit card company and start a dispute there? That should be much faster.
was an ideal payment, bank transfer……
Old Sep 24, 2022, 9:27 am

Programs: *A Gold, ST - E+
One thing that happened to me last year was KLM having indeed refunded me but my bank not processing it. Took me an eternity (and many phone calls) to figure that out as KLM kept saying that they had already refunded me and me seeing nothing in my account. An (enlighted) agent managed to provide me their refund processing code so I could provide my bank for them to search it and credit the money in my account. I still have no idea how the bank messed up anyway. From that moment on, I always ask for e-mail with the relevant info and I register agent's name and their company number.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
not resolving your problem, but if it was just a date change on a flexible ticket, I don't understand why the agent cancelled and rebooked . That doesn't make any sense.
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 11:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Goldorak
not resolving your problem, but if it was just a date change on a flexible ticket, I don't understand why the agent cancelled and rebooked . That doesn't make any sense.
fair point, what happened was I wanted to change the flight dates and upgrade the seats and the price to do it was higher then just book the flight directly, so she decided as my current flights are fully refundable - to refund a rebook cheaper option……but as said, nobody disputes the refund they just say it needs to be on the original payment method and ask me to send bank details, when I send bank details they ask me to send CC details and this week they told me I paid via Applepay…..which is ridiculous I don’t use Apple Pay and I can see I paid by ideal straight out of my ABN AMRO account - if I could talk to somebody in refund department I’m sure we could fix it but the email reply is to an unanswered email account……..yesterday I ended up on a phone call to a guy in a foreign country who clearly had his kids playing in the background, then put me on hold for 15 minutes before line went dead…….
Goldorak likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 11:55 am

Programs: FB Plat, *A Gold
Originally Posted by Barry Byrne
was an ideal payment, bank transfer……
I had similar issues with a bank payment to AF a few years ago. Fully refundable BC ticket and it took them more than 4,5 month to process the refund. Also got requests about CC number, bankaccount number, all were supplied, but no refund.

My case traveled internally at AF through various departments and none of those had the intention to solve the customers problem. And then I came across an e-mail with multiple addresses from various AF employees in it (later it turned out those addresses were for internal use only), so I decided to send all my mails to all those addresses and that did the trick. It still took them 1 month to authorize the payment, but at least I had my money back.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 10:57 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, BA Silver, AC, AF/KL, AV, VS | Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
I just got a cancellation email for a flight in 4 weeks and I've been automatically rebooked on the first flight of the day leaving 4 1/2 hours earlier than what I booked. That won't work for me so I clicked to cancel for a full cash refund. Am I doing something wrong that there's no option to have the funds returned to my credit card? Instead the website wants my banking details and the format it requires doesn't make sense to me. "Account number" is clear but I don't know what a "Bank code" is referring to (could that be the Routing number?). I guess I will just start calling at various times during the day to reach a live person for assistance but from the thread above, that doesn't sound promising...
Old Sep 28, 2022, 1:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Barry Byrne
Back in April we booked refundable flights to the USA, later we wanted to change dates so rang KLM, service agent said no problem as flights are refundable she cancelled, filled in a refund request form and rebooked, she told us we would have refund within a few weeks.

The refund is for almost 6,000 Euro and it’s nearly October!
Sorry, but why would there be any refund when you merely changed the dates on your tickets? That rather seems to suggest that you are travelling for free and get the entirety of the cost of your original tickets back. From the narrative, it seems that you changed your tickets (which might lead to an extra fee payable, if the fare was higher on the new dates), not that you cancelled your tickets. And it would seem counter-intuitive if they cancelled these tickets and took full payment for the new tickets, because that's not how the procedure should have gone.

EDIT: I've now seen post #6
Old Sep 28, 2022, 3:07 pm

Programs: FB Plat, *A Gold
Originally Posted by TEDisgone
I just got a cancellation email for a flight in 4 weeks and I've been automatically rebooked on the first flight of the day leaving 4 1/2 hours earlier than what I booked. That won't work for me so I clicked to cancel for a full cash refund. Am I doing something wrong that there's no option to have the funds returned to my credit card? Instead the website wants my banking details and the format it requires doesn't make sense to me. "Account number" is clear but I don't know what a "Bank code" is referring to (could that be the Routing number?). I guess I will just start calling at various times during the day to reach a live person for assistance but from the thread above, that doesn't sound promising...
Refund on credit card is much easier, don't know why they don't offer you that option.
Bank code is either BIC (Bank Identification Code) for EU banks or SWIFT (Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication) for banks around the globe.
TEDisgone likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.