Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does service in longhaul J always start on the the left aisle?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2022, 12:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, BA Bronze, Ex-skywards Platnium
Does service in longhaul J always start on the the left aisle?

Just wondering if service in longhaul J always starts on the left aisle (starting with 1A on a 787 or 1A/1B on a 772 or 773). So far on all of my flights in J with KLM this year, the left aisle has always gotten service earlier than the right aisle and the left hand side FA is more attentive than the other side... Could be me overanalyzing as it's a given for my job.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by physicsdude
Just wondering if service in longhaul J always starts on the left aisle (starting with 1A on a 787 or 1A/1B on a 772 or 773). So far on all of my flights in J with KLM this year, the left aisle has always gotten service earlier than the right aisle and the left hand side FA is more attentive than the other side... Could be me overanalyzing as it's a given for my job.
Pot luck, surely?

I pick 1K if available (almost always is, I plan ahead and book early), 1A is the fall-back option. I don't spend my time on board scrutinizing and analyzing service delivery, but I've never noticed any consistent discrepancy between the aisles. They generally start more or less simultaneously, and service then progresses at a pace mostly set by the pax, their wishes, requests, and level of (dis)organization.

Johan
Didymis likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 1:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, BA Bronze, Ex-skywards Platnium
Originally Posted by johan rebel
Pot luck, surely?

I pick 1K if available (almost always is, I plan ahead and book early), 1A is the fall-back option. I don't spend my time on board scrutinizing and analyzing service delivery, but I've never noticed any consistent discrepancy between the aisles. They generally start more or less simultaneously, and service then progresses at a pace mostly set by the pax, their wishes, requests, and level of (dis)organization.

Johan
That's fair.

I also usually choose the first row as my first few options. But for one of my flights this winter, The choices are between 3K, 4A, 6A, and 6K and I'm just weighing between what the best options are at this point.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 6:37 am

For a night flight I always prefer rows 1 or 6 due to the bigger leg rest which makes it easier to sleep, for a day flight any of these will do in no certain order of preference.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 5:23 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, IC Plat Ambassador, HH Diamond
Just flew YEG-AMS in J on A330, service started on the left every time and was more attentive (I was in 1G right aisle). Right side always seemed to start 15-20 minutes later, was not offered the after dinner chocolate, no second round of bread rolls at breakfast.
AnaTFN and physicsdude like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.