Wiki Posts
Search

Ticket issued but no charge on cc

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2022, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by GpMits
Yes, I have the 13 digits ticket number in the travel page. Sorry about my ignorance but does it mean that they can't cancel it ?
If you're absolutely certain that no payment was taken - and here you should also check that you didn't accidentally use some credit/debit card other than the one you think you used (or did somebody else pay? Client/employer/partner/friend/parent/somebody else?) - then of course KLM can cancel the ticket. If you really didn't pay - and if nobody else paid on your behalf - then you don't really have any right to the ticket.

Also - did you book directly with KLM? Or did you book via some third party agency? In the past (not since the pandemic), I frequently bought KLM tickets from third parties, who frequently offer tickets at a discount - and the transaction would appear as them paying KLM with their own payment method, while separately charging me a lesser amount on my credit card. It seems highly unlikely, however, that any third party agent would pay for your ticket and forget to actually charge you, just as it seems unlikely that KLM would issue the ticket without remembering to take payment from your card if you dealt directly with KLM.

I don't think any of us can help you any further with this. But if you are certain you didn't pay, then I would warn you that the ticket could be cancelled at any time, with no prior notice - even after you may have checked in or begun travel!!!!

Last edited by irishguy28; Jul 12, 2022 at 12:02 pm
Old Jul 12, 2022, 1:34 pm

Programs: FB Plat (Y3), All Accor Gold (Y2)
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Whatever about DL, on a KL reservation made directly with KL, if a ticket number wasn't issued, the PNR would autocancel after a fixed period much shorter than 2 weeks.

Even the "Time to Think" option expires after a maximum of 3 days.
If you want to "book now pay later", choose to pay via bank transfer. That gives you at least 7 days in which you can just call KLM and ask them to charge your card instead.

it's basically a free "time to think". Used it numerous times this way now.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 3:22 am

Programs: Delta GM; FB Plat; HHonors Diamond; Hertz PC; National EE
Originally Posted by fifty_two
You dont need to apologize , its ok to not know , we are here for help

Yes , they can still cancel it , even at last minute, as long as it hasnt been paid
No, they can not.

If, and that is a big if, this ticket was really issued without collecting payment, even though you provided them with credit card details, that is a mistake on KL's side. Ypu're reservation is confirmed, e-tickets are issued, so as a customer, you have no way of knowing that something is not right. They cannot expect you to monitor your credit card expenses to check if they actually charged you or not.

They of course have every right to correct their error by charging your card for the agreed-on fare at any time, or contacting you to request payment in any other way. What they cannot do though is simply cancel your ticket. Of course, if they contact you and refuse payment, a cancellation would be in order. But if they simply cancel without contacting you, the law is on your side.

In that case, you have every right to require them to reinstate the ticket for the agreed-on price at time of booking.

I have had something similar about 15 years ago, on Delta. Booked a flight for two, only to find out one of the tickets was never issued the day before departure - we only found out because one of us wasn't allowed to checkin. Clearly an error on Delta's side as the booking completed successfully and a PNR was issued. When checking my e-mail, I noticed that I did only get a reservation confirmation and one receipt, instead of two receipts for both passengers.

Called Delta and they told me the system showed a payment error, and that is why one of the two tickets never issued. Agent had never seen that before. They manually re-processed it and issued the second ticket for the original price, with apologies and a free upgrade to business and the economy cabin was full at that point in time.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 6:41 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by roelb
No, they can not.
ok thanks for information , i had similar case few years ago and the airline cancelled original booking , created a new one with similar conditions and then reached me for payment

Originally Posted by roelb
the law is on your side.
Is this law the same in every country where KL operates ??

Last edited by fifty_two; Jul 13, 2022 at 6:49 am
Old Jul 18, 2022, 4:57 am

Programs: Delta GM; FB Plat; HHonors Diamond; Hertz PC; National EE
Originally Posted by fifty_two
Is this law the same in every country where KL operates ??
I don't think there is any western country where a business would be allowed to sell you something for an agreed on price, confirm the sale, and than later cancel that and require you to buy the same product again for a higher price. Both common and civil law in most western countries have the contract as an entity that binds both parties to that what was agreed upon. In this case, it seems clear that a contract was established - the airline made you an offer, you accepted that offer and provided payment with a valid credit card. The airline confirmed the sale and provided you with both a reservation with locator (PNR) and issued an actual ticket, which is normally only done after having received payment. That the airline then, for whatever reason, decided to not finalize the charge to your card immediately is not relevant for the established contract.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 6:50 am
Original Poster

Just a follow up to this thread, in case anybody faces the same situation.
Today, after one month, the purchase appeared in my credit card app, I can finally relax.

Thanks everybody that tried to help me with this !
b12e, AnaTFN, Goldorak and 5 others like this.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 10:47 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Thats great! Does it show the original transaction date in the transaction details? Would be interesting to know if it was AFKL that was late initiating the transaction, or, if it was the bank that processed the transaction late.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 2:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Or maybe somewhere, somehow, somebody typed "27 juli" instead of "27 juni", so the transaction ended up in purgatory until the right date came along!
Old Jul 27, 2023, 1:52 am

Hi, I know this was a year ago.
what was the outcome please?
mum having a similar problem.
thank you 😊
Old Jul 27, 2023, 3:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Goalrunner
Hi, I know this was a year ago.
what was the outcome please?
mum having a similar problem.
thank you 😊
The outcome is posted in the thread. You just needed to read the thread through rather than necrobumping it.
Old Jul 27, 2023, 4:29 am
Suspended

let's forgive him, anyway, he is new here and at least he asked saying hi and thank you for his post unlike another new member who can afford flying La Première but doesn't have the manners that comes with it
Solevita and physicsdude like this.
Old Jul 27, 2023, 5:16 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
The outcome is posted in the thread. You just needed to read the thread through rather than necrobumping it.
I have. Couldn’t find the outcome, that’s why I posted.

could you kindly copy and post it.
mot inform me of what happened.

thank you

found it.. thanks
Old Jul 27, 2023, 8:03 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by Goalrunner
I have. Couldn’t find the outcome, that’s why I posted.

could you kindly copy and post it.
mot inform me of what happened.

thank you
post #21 in this thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.