Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kl701 AMS-EZE-SCL

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2022, 3:46 pm
Original Poster

Kl701 AMS-EZE-SCL

Will soon be travelling on KL701 from Amsterdam to Santiago. It looks like there is a stop in Buenos Aires, and the app says that all passengers need to disembark.

What exactly happens in Buenos Aires? Do passengers who are indeed traveling to Santiago need to clear security and immigration there? Do they need to have a permission to enter Argentina (visa, COVID requirements, etc.)? Do passengers need to pick up their belongings and recheck their baggage?
Old Jun 25, 2022, 1:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
You are not supposed to enter Argentina, so you won’t go through immigration. No bags to collect. You will likely go through security with your carryons.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 5:20 am

Programs: Eurostar Avantage, FB Silver
I took this flight in the other direction back in 2019. Once you land in EZE indeed all passengers need to disembark with their carry-ons. They will hand you an AF/KLM branded ‘in transit’ plastic card. You then just follow the signs, which leads to a security check. Once done, you just wait for boarding to begin for the next leg in the departure lounge. I had about one hour or so. Ow, they ask you to hand in the plastic ‘transit’ card. Not something you can keep as a memorabilia.

In the mean time, the aircraft and cabin was prepared for the overnight flight. I.e. blankets on our seats when reboarding etc. But coming from Europe that might be a bit different.
Old Apr 10, 2023, 3:50 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
Just to provide a new data point (April 2023):

- Yes, all pax have to disembark, taking their handluggage with them. The cabin is cleaned und will undergo a security check.
- At the end of the jetbridge, transit pax receive a plastic card stating "transit". You then have to go down one floor only to the transit security check (instead of two floors which leads to immigration). There is only one machine and since I was one of the first pax to disembark, I didn't have to wait, but I immagine there might be a short wait if you are one of the last pax disembarking. Everything (electronics, liquids) remains in your bag, but you have to take off belt and watch.
- Then you can go back to the gate. If eligible, you can also enter the Club Condor (AR) lounge (they accept transit pax subject to the standard Sky Priority rules).
- Boarding is then again by zones. You have to hand in the plastic card and show your AMS-SCL boarding pass, which is scanned.
splflyer likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2023, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Will do this leg in the scl-eze direction in J. Is the food the European catering box? (10.50 am departure). Also I remember one used to get huisjes on the short sin-dps , does this apply here too? (I know, I’m tacky! )
Old Dec 3, 2023, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by orbitmic
Will do this leg in the scl-eze direction in J. Is the food the European catering box? (10.50 am departure). Also I remember one used to get huisjes on the short sin-dps , does this apply here too? (I know, I’m tacky! )
No, you're not. The huisjes are just about the only thing to look forward to in KL J.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2023, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by NickB
No, you're not. The huisjes are just about the only thing to look forward to in KL J.
Ahah, I can only fully agree with that!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.