Delta Premium Select - Fast track in CPH

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2022, 1:44 am
pdh
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Gold
Delta Premium Select - Fast track in CPH

Hi

I am flying beginning of July and due to there being quite a few delays at security in CPH I was wondering if a premium select ticket gets you fast track through security. I flew the same route last year and same ticket but cant seem to remember. The ticket does say sky priority and you can check in at the sky priority desk.

Same question goes for security at Schipol.

Thanks in advance
Old Jun 23, 2022, 2:22 am

Originally Posted by pdh
Hi

I am flying beginning of July and due to there being quite a few delays at security in CPH I was wondering if a premium select ticket gets you fast track through security. I flew the same route last year and same ticket but cant seem to remember. The ticket does say sky priority and you can check in at the sky priority desk.

Thanks in advance
Which route is it?
Delta has a summer route from CPH to JFK, but that was not running last summer so im guessing that you are flying KLM to AMS and then onwards?
As KLM only has J and Y on that route, you will be in Y on the CPH-AMS leg. I'm guessing you don't have status with ST?
With these factors it is highly unlikely that either DL or KL would pay for Fast-track at CPH.

Just a word of caution. Airport Coordination Netherlands (ACNL) is reducing capacity in July & August for AMS, which means roughly 14,000 passengers are being rejected daily.
So do check your booking regularly for cancellations, if your connection is indeed AMS.

Last edited by Stil; Jun 23, 2022 at 5:55 am
Old Jun 23, 2022, 2:37 am

Originally Posted by pdh
Hi

Thanks in advance
Delta Premium Select does get SkyPriority check-in and security fast track at Schiphol, or at least did in late April the last time I flew PS AMS-JFK. That said, you never really know what airport staff are going to do in terms of line enforcement. It's not inconceivable that you run into a surly bouncer at the top of the stairs to fast-track (within the SP check-in area) who boots you back to the economy lines because you're not platinum or in business class.

Personally as a mere DL silver flying with my family later in July during the hell weeks, I'm buying meet-and-assist departure service for my family as insurance. Much as I hate to reward Schiphol for its chaos with more money for a service I shouldn't need, it's not that expensive compared to the tickets.

edit: ah, if you're just transferring at AMS from CPH, skypriority is meaningless - you won't pass through security at AMS unless you do something silly like leave airside, and there's no skypriority fast track at the schengen -> non-schengen filter.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 12:51 am
pdh
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Gold
Thanks for the reply both! it’s the CPH-AMS-SEA route.

I have silver status will delta and after these legs will have gold.

Will make sure to check the status regularly for the flight and just get there early in case CPH security is crazy.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 2:15 am

Originally Posted by pdh
Thanks for the reply both! it’s the CPH-AMS-SEA route.

I have silver status will delta and after these legs will have gold.

Will make sure to check the status regularly for the flight and just get there early in case CPH security is crazy.
If CPH is crazy on the day and you have Sky priority on the boarding card (CPH-AMS). Take the automated fast-track lane and if as expected it doesn't let you through, show your boarding card to the agent. There is a good chance they will let you through manually.
In my experience from what I have seen, they tent to let the benefit of the doubt go towards the passenger.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.