Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue > KLM Flying Dutchman
Reload this Page >

Private Car transport recommendations? How much better than Taxi experience?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Private Car transport recommendations? How much better than Taxi experience?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2022, 9:00 pm
Original Poster

Question Private Car transport recommendations? How much better than Taxi experience?

Looking for Private Car transport recommendations - Schiphol to Almere.

I am also considering a taxi. My last private car experience involved considerably more 'hassle' than simply getting in a taxl.
How have the taxi lines been lately?
Old Apr 12, 2022, 1:35 am

Programs: EuroBonus, FlyingBlue Gold
Is taking the train not an option? 6 times per hour for less than 9 euros. The walk to the train platform is literally shorter than the walk to the taxi stand.
johan rebel likes this.

Last edited by NLNO; Apr 12, 2022 at 10:27 pm
Old Apr 12, 2022, 3:18 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
I don't remember seeing much of a line for taxis at Schiphol, and wait for Uber was also usually short.

I can try and pop out tomorrow morning to check, but I expect the line would vary wildly during the day anyway.
Also, train is a good call.
MareLuce likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 4:10 am
Original Poster

Train would be a great option with less luggage (2+ week stay)
Old Apr 12, 2022, 9:47 am

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
I've used Schiphol Travel Taxi in the past, the annoying thing is that you first have to walk all the way to the end of the concourse (near where Starbucks is) and then wait for the taxi to be ready, which can easily add 20 minutes to the trip. As for taking the train to Almere, in addition to the luggage situation there are no elevators at Almere Centrum in operation due to renovations, and the escalators are also unusable for arrivals.
MareLuce likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 3:25 pm
Original Poster

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by mfkne
I've used Schiphol Travel Taxi in the past, the annoying thing is that you first have to walk all the way to the end of the concourse (near where Starbucks is) and then wait for the taxi to be ready, which can easily add 20 minutes to the trip.

As for taking the train to Almere, in addition to the luggage situation there are no elevators at Almere Centrum in operation due to renovations, and the escalators are also unusable for arrivals.
Thank you for providing such specific helpful detail!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.