Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to find PNRs?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2022, 2:13 pm
Original Poster

How to find PNRs?

Hi folks, I almost always fly Star Alliance because my home airport is poor for Sky Team offerings, so I am unfamiliar with how to find the PNRs for connecting flights on a KLM booking. I have a few of these, recently booked, where I am connecting to or from a KLM flight via WestJet or Air Canada. Is the easiest way to get the PNRs for these other flights by calling KLM or are there workarounds? With an AC, LH, or UA booking I know how to do this, but I am stumped so far with my KLM bookings.

Thanks!
Old Mar 13, 2022, 4:54 pm

Programs: Flying Blue silver
All booked in one ticket? Then i would call the airline who issued the ticket (AC, WS). The airline who booked the ticket should have received the KL-pnr and be able to inform you. Of course, if you booked via a travel agent, contact the TA.
Old Mar 13, 2022, 5:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tourguide
All booked in one ticket? Then i would call the airline who issued the ticket (AC, WS). The airline who booked the ticket should have received the KL-pnr and be able to inform you. Of course, if you booked via a travel agent, contact the TA.
Thanks. Three are KLM booked tickets and one is an AF booked ticket. I shall make some calls.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 11:20 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Best bet for a self-service attempt is Saudia, especially if you have an actual ticket number.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Best bet for a self-service attempt is Saudia, especially if you have an actual ticket number.
I had tried Saudia already but perhaps I was not doing something correctly so I tried again after you posted. I am able to get the booking to come up but PNRs for the other airlines are not showing, alas.

However, I did try plugging the KLM PNR for one of the itineraries into AC's manage my booking service and it brought up the itinerary and allowed me to select seats. That is good. This did not work for WS, who are operating most of the connecting flights. Still, progress!

Thanks for your suggestion.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 2:07 pm

Programs: Flying Blue - Platinum
Originally Posted by arf04
This did not work for WS, who are operating most of the connecting flights. Still, progress!
My experience is that WS has a different PNR for a ticket on KLM stock. I got the WS PNR from one of their agents over messenger by providing my passenger details
Old Mar 15, 2022, 7:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Thom00992
My experience is that WS has a different PNR for a ticket on KLM stock. I got the WS PNR from one of their agents over messenger by providing my passenger details
Thanks for this suggestion. I was thinking I could call WS, but currently their wait times are atrocious (even for Gold status pax like me) so I wasn’t keen on that. I will try Messenger. In the past, they would pull up the relevant info by knowing the flight number + date + name so imagine it’s the same now based on what you note.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 9:57 pm

Since you booked with AFKL they can also look up the WS PNR for you.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 6:48 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Anyone found a way to self service this, specifically for WestJet? I'd love not to waste an agent's time, or my time, by having to phone or get on a chat and have them look it up. KL website and app, AF website, Saudia, none show me a WS PNR.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 11:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Anyone found a way to self service this, specifically for WestJet? I'd love not to waste an agent's time, or my time, by having to phone or get on a chat and have them look it up. KL website and app, AF website, Saudia, none show me a WS PNR.
As reported in post 6, you can quickly get it from WS on a chat with an agent if you don't want to ring KLM.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 10:00 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by irishguy28
As reported in post 6, you can quickly get it from WS on a chat with an agent if you don't want to ring KLM.
That's not self service, which was very explicitly what my question was about. Nor would I call anything with WestJet "quick" these days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.