Wiki Posts
Search

KL to trim schedule February 7th - March 13th

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2022, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

KL to trim schedule February 7th - March 13th

According to Luchtvaartnieuws and cabin crew union VNC (articles in Dutch) absenteeism due to illness and quarantine has reached such levels that KL will reduce the number of scheduled flights in the period February 7th - March 13th. This is considered preferable to the ad hoc cancelations at short notice that they have been resorting to in recent months.

Revised schedule has not yet been announced.

Johan
the810 likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 7:14 pm

Thank you for sharing, curious to see if and how it will impact me
Old Jan 21, 2022, 1:06 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Accor
As a regular on the skinny European short hops I much prefer preplanned service “adjustments” to the current constant worry that my flight will be cancelled.

As long as they don’t cancel the one service that I use almost every week :-)
Escape and the810 like this.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dkeng
I much prefer preplanned service “adjustments” to the current constant worry that my flight will be cancelled.
I fully agree.

Originally Posted by dkeng
As long as they don’t cancel the one service that I use almost every week.
Since the beginning of the year my regular flight has been operated by KL again, instead of KLC. No more cancelations all of a sudden, and most delays have been less than 30 minutes.

Johan
the810 likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 7:09 pm

Programs: Free agent, UA 1K, Bonvoy Gold
Has the revised schedule been announced/loaded into the system yet? I just checked on KLM.com and my trip during the window seems unaffected, but not sure if the changes are live yet
Old Jan 26, 2022, 4:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Some March flights have definitely been cancelled in the last few days. For instance, the KL1007/1008 rotation between AMS and LHR has been cancelled most week days. The AMS-NCE afternoon rotation (KL1257/1258) has also been cancelled on some days, resulting in only 2 rotations to/from NCE on those days. I would not necessarily assume that all changes are necessarily in the timetable yet, however.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 8:34 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Accor
Not sure if it's early schedule reduction, crew down with covid, or after effects of the storm, but I lucked out and had both my booked segments tomorrow cancelled. I am choosing to see this as a positive using up two cancellation "strikes" on a single disruption.

KLM auto-rebooked me on LH, which I thought was kind of impressive.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 4:41 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K \\ ConciergeKey
checking my March 15 LHR - AMS-SFO flight and its still there, may try to switch to an AF LHR-CDG-SFO instead, but tricky since i used FlyingBlue miles
Old Feb 10, 2022, 3:59 am

On my flight (CUR-AMS WBC) last weekend everything seemed back to normal in terms of service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.