Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US attestation form: print out and fill in?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2022, 9:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: KLM FB Gold, LH M&M
US attestation form: print out and fill in?

I have been using the excellent KLM aerodoc online tool to assess what COVID paperwork I will need to go UK-AMS-USA next week.
For the outward journey, I need to fill in a US attestation form to confirm that I am fully vaxxed and tested.
But aerodoc seems to suggest I will need to print the PDF form out and fill it in by hand:
>Sign and handover a copy of this form to KLM gate staff at Amsterdam Schiphol Airport (AMS).<

The form is 7 pages long, even though most people will only need to fill in a couple of sections . The KLM gate staff will end up with a huge pile of paper on their desk!
Old Jan 4, 2022, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Yes you need to print it and fill it. But it's only 2 pages long, not 7.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 10:18 am
Original Poster

The link on the aerodoc site sends you here, where you can download a 7-page PDF:
https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/fr-pr...tive-test.html

Does KLM supply a truncated version for their USA travellers?
Old Jan 4, 2022, 10:29 am
Suspended

Location: The part of NC where we have electricity, paved roads, and high school diplomas.
Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by mikem004
The link on the aerodoc site sends you here, where you can download a 7-page PDF:
https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/fr-pr...tive-test.html

Does KLM supply a truncated version for their USA travellers?
For reference, Finnair has taken the 7-page CDC document, added their logo on the first page, and added a "Consent given to Finnair" section at the end.
https://cms.finnair.com/blueprint/se...vision%204.pdf

I doubt any airline is allowed to use a truncated version of the CDC document unless they use an interactive online system that generates a printable version that only includes the applicable parts based on the passenger's responses, but they can apparently make minor adjustments and/or additions to the original CDC document.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 1:39 pm

They have paper copies at the gate for everyone to fill out (1 min work). Interestingly, last week they still let everyone sign the old form (which stated the testing 3 day before your flight instead of the 1 day revision since the beginning of december)
FabCW likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
It seems this is a new version. But I flew to the US last week and used the old one (2 pages), nobody blinked an eye.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
They have forms at the gate and lounges at AMS. Theres one form for US citizens and one for non-US citizens.

Airlines do not have to use the form provided by the CDC. It just needs contain the basics that CDC requires.

The links from the form section are to the 2 page form. Not sure what OP is seeing.

Form - Nationals and residents of the United States must hold a completed US Citizen or Immigrant (resident) Attestation Form and present it prior to boarding. Non-nationals and residents of the United States must complete and present a Non-US Citizen Non-Immigrant Attestation Form.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 6:14 am

They will definitely have forms at the gate at AMS: one kind for US citizens and residents, another for visitors.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 6:24 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies.
The 7 page version is accessible via a hyperlink in the TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS section. I will use the 2 page version at AMS.
For the UK-AMS leg, Aerodoc also mentions a quarantine declaration form. Is this required if I am fully vaxxed, tested and in-transit? Is it the same as the Dutch health declaration form I have heard mentioned on forums?
Old Jan 5, 2022, 8:47 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
I don't bother with printing these before travel. An airline might say please use our form instead and then I would have to fill it out again anyway.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 12:55 pm

Does the attestation form also cover the quarantine declaration that's required?
Old Feb 5, 2022, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Sheila Venema
Does the attestation form also cover the quarantine declaration that's required?
What quarantine declaration? Its one form that you attest compliance with CDC order. AFAIK there's no quarantine order in US. Foreigners must be vaccinated to enter unless an exception applies.

Are you think of the NL quarantine declaration? This must be filled out even if transiting.
Old Feb 5, 2022, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by flyerCO
What quarantine declaration? Its one form that you attest compliance with CDC order. AFAIK there's no quarantine order in US. Foreigners must be vaccinated to enter unless an exception applies.

Are you think of the NL quarantine declaration? This must be filled out even if transiting.
Thank you for the information. I'm an American citizen living in The Netherlands and read on a dutch site that I would have to show the quarantine declaration in America and another one when going back to The Netherlands. Some information was very unclear but I figured out enough to get back to the States. I'll worry about the rest when I get ready to fly back.
Again, thank you so much for your help!
Old Feb 6, 2022, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Sheila Venema
Thank you for the information. I'm an American citizen living in The Netherlands and read on a dutch site that I would have to show the quarantine declaration in America and another one when going back to The Netherlands. Some information was very unclear but I figured out enough to get back to the States. I'll worry about the rest when I get ready to fly back.
Again, thank you so much for your help!
No need to have the quarantine form if you're departing from AMS and not transiting there. Youll only need to fill out the US citizen attestation form. (You hand this in at gate when boarding)

On way back from US you'll be asked to fill out the quarantine declaration, even if exempt from quarantine under NL rules. (You simply state you're exempt on it)
Old Feb 6, 2022, 8:28 pm

I'm so thankful to have found this forum. Thank you so much for the help. The trip to the States went well and everything I need has been arranged. I'm good to go and can enjoy the rest of my time stress-free.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.