Community
Wiki Posts
Search

KLM.com down

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2021, 3:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: Still a lowly Blue with BA but inching towards Bronze. Managed to get to KLM Silver!
KLM.com down

Anyone else getting this? Nothing on their Twitter feed about it being down.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 3:05 am

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Site is working normally for me
Old Dec 30, 2021, 3:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: Still a lowly Blue with BA but inching towards Bronze. Managed to get to KLM Silver!
Just had a play around. Seems to be the UK version that's having an issue.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 4:13 am

Programs: FB Plat, *A Silver, Volare Exec (LOL), some hotels (Gold)
it's been down for a (long) while; at least one week for me.
however this only applies to klm.com, if I load klm.fr it works fine
Old Dec 30, 2021, 4:49 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
They are not down. Its just the same old bugs. In the past you would often end up in an endless redirection loop (redirecting between countries), having a "Too many redirects" error as a result. Their website just sucks.

This specific error posted above I got as well recently. Solution is, like with any KLM/AF website issues, clear the cookies for that website. I'd advise against clearing all your cookies, but through the settings of your browser you can typically do so for a specific website. After having done that the site works normally again. Its absolutely ridiculous that this is needed to get access, but unfortunately these issues have been going on for literally years - and nothing is being done to resolve them. These issues are especially apparent when you are logging in from abroad, or are visiting a specific-country website other than the country that you are currently in.
KL895 likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 11:51 am

Yup my workaround is klm.us when this happens.
Old Dec 31, 2021, 6:42 am

Originally Posted by Xandrios
They are not down. Its just the same old bugs. In the past you would often end up in an endless redirection loop (redirecting between countries), having a "Too many redirects" error as a result. Their website just sucks.

This specific error posted above I got as well recently. Solution is, like with any KLM/AF website issues, clear the cookies for that website. I'd advise against clearing all your cookies, but through the settings of your browser you can typically do so for a specific website. After having done that the site works normally again. Its absolutely ridiculous that this is needed to get access, but unfortunately these issues have been going on for literally years - and nothing is being done to resolve them. These issues are especially apparent when you are logging in from abroad, or are visiting a specific-country website other than the country that you are currently in.
You can also use private browsing or a different browser temporarily; the problem tends to resolve itself after some time.
Xandrios likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2021, 7:54 am

Programs: FB Plat
It also has problems for me, not recognising my long in. The app is fine so I can manage my flights through that.
Old Dec 31, 2021, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by straniero
it's been down for a (long) while; at least one week for me.
Same here. At least 4 days, maybe longer it's been down for me in the US.

That's an incredibly long amount of time for a site to be down. Hack? Operational trouble?

Edit: odd. When I launch a Chrome Incognito window, KLM.com appears to be up.
Old Dec 31, 2021, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by MareLuce
Same here. At least 4 days, maybe longer it's been down for me in the US.

That's an incredibly long amount of time for a site to be down. Hack? Operational trouble?

Edit: odd. When I launch a Chrome Incognito window, KLM.com appears to be up.
In that case, as above, clear the cookies for klm.com in your browser.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 2:48 am

Programs: FB Plat
Right now it is not working for me, on any browser, even after clearing cookies, and not even in the app (i am trying to change a flight and even the app sends me to a dead link)

I get this:

Internal Server Error - Read

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.Reference #3.e481655f.1641289641.ad457d18

---------------------------

Edit later: at some point it all started working again. They are clearly having some server problem on and off these days

Last edited by AnaTFN; Jan 4, 2022 at 3:07 am Reason: add info
Old Jan 4, 2022, 3:30 am

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Mine went down (NL site) for a couple of days, but is back up again
Old Jan 5, 2022, 6:31 am

Programs: FB Ultimate, Accor Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond,Avis President, Hertz President Club
Hey guys,

The KLM App doesn't work on my Android phone. Any idea if someone of you is having the same problem?

Best,

Alex
Old Jan 5, 2022, 6:36 am

Programs: Marriott titanium, KL/AF FB Ulti
Couldn't access KLM.com yesterday from the Caribbean, then used a VPN to NL and it worked fine.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No issues whatsoever over the last five days or so, during which I've used app and website repeatedly.

Johan

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.