Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Privium benefits at AMS for non-EU travelers

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2021, 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
SkyPriority at AMS gives fast track security and lounge access, to the KLM Schengen and nonSchengen lounges. You get SkyPriority from buying premium cabin tickets on KLM and its SkyTeam partners or from flying a SkyTeam carrier as a passenger with SkyTeam ElitePlus status (essentially the Gold or 50,000 status miles annually level).
Don't forget you can also buy SkyPriority for non-premium cabin tickets by getting the flex option.
Old Sep 1, 2021, 9:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Grouchy
In the past US citizens could indeed become a member of Privium if they where a Global Entry member. That was when FLUX-alliance was still a thing, FLUX was discontinued on 1 January 2017 because of RPT-NL that is coming eeeuh...*cough* soon.
Nowadays it's just EEA passport/ID card holders.
I'm thinking back to the time shortly after Privium started and the Privium lounge at AMS was first opened. This was long before GE existed, when I was flying PMNW/KLM almost exclusively. At that time, I vaguely remember being impressed and getting a Privium brochure and application form (hard copy) at the airport, but I quickly decided that it wouldn't be worth the annual fee for me.
Old Sep 3, 2021, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GUWonder
diplomatic card holders?
I trust you are referring to the Privileged Person ID issued by the Dutch Government to certain diplomatic passort holders, and not the commercial Diplomatic Card that these very same persons can use to e.g. gas up their gas guzzlers tax free (as a contribution to the fight against global warming, of course).

Johan
Old Oct 31, 2021, 11:13 am

Programs: BA Gold; Flying Blue Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I live in The Netherlands, have a Privium card, and a GBR passport. My last 2 visits, post Brexit, means that the eye retina works but I have to be filtered to the passport line.

However I have a Dutch permanent residency card. The immigration officers at the passport desk don’t know this answer (so hoping you guys do) - if I go to the Privium lounge and speak to immigration there can they add details of my residency card so I can fly through retina scan?

I don’t need a stamp in my passport so wondered if anyone had experience of whether they can do something about this?

thanks
Old Nov 1, 2021, 5:57 am

Originally Posted by silonic
I live in The Netherlands, have a Privium card, and a GBR passport. My last 2 visits, post Brexit, means that the eye retina works but I have to be filtered to the passport line.

However I have a Dutch permanent residency card. The immigration officers at the passport desk don’t know this answer (so hoping you guys do) - if I go to the Privium lounge and speak to immigration there can they add details of my residency card so I can fly through retina scan?

I don’t need a stamp in my passport so wondered if anyone had experience of whether they can do something about this?

thanks
I doubt it. I tried to get membership for my wife (who has a Dutch residence card) and it wasn't possible.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 5:40 pm

I think the underlying principal is that if you have an EU/EEA passport, you have a right to enter the Netherlands. There is no discretion on the part of the KMAR.

For everyone else, including authorized residents, there is some element of discretion for each entry.
Old Nov 24, 2021, 4:42 am

Programs: BA Gold; Flying Blue Platinum, Hilton Diamond
To close the loop on this one. I visited the immigration officer in the Privium lounge last week. As BigFlyer states, whilst he was empathetic to the annoyance, he said ultimately they needed to check whether I had my residency card on me or not, every time.

On a different note, although I always have shown the residency card, probably 1 in every 3 visits to the immigration officer has resulted in me having to stop them from stamping my passport as the residency card ensures they don't need to. It always takes them a couple of seconds before they realise they were about to make an error.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.