Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue > KLM Flying Dutchman
Reload this Page >

[2020] Negative PCR-Test Now Required for Transit in NL from Dec 29

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[2020] Negative PCR-Test Now Required for Transit in NL from Dec 29

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2021, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by Xandrios
I'm thinking that may have been sarcasm

Do we know which European airports offer rapid tests? If you are at an airport that doesn't offer Rapid tests and need to fly back to NL - could you transfer somewhere these tests are offered - and then proceed on to NL from there? Guess that should work theoretically.. (even though it would be a pain)
Yes, you can.
Link: https://www.rijksoverheid.nl/onderwe...-testuitslagen
Sorry, it is Dutch only, I would've expected the English version to be available by now but it seems like the English version of the website has not been updated for over 24 hours.
Old Jan 21, 2021, 4:28 pm

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by hugolover
I can see how this is bad news for KLM and AMS, but I am sure those staff members care more about their families health, their fellow citizens, than their jobs.
I would think at this point they're concerned with providing for their families, seeing as KLM just laid off 1000 more employees because of this.
Romanianflyer, YYCCL3 and IstKong like this.
Old Jan 21, 2021, 8:35 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, BA GGL/CCR,/GFL, A3 Gold, JBU Mosaic, ITA Executive, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Comatose.Captain
Not really. Both PCR as well as the rapid test can often be false-negative in the first few days past infection while the viral load of the infected person is still low.

Although, I expect with the two tests before the flight plus the mandatory quarantine and a third test (second PCR test) five days after you arrived they are ultimately gonna be fairly close to 100%.
Yes and a rectal exam on day 7 of quarantine to add sensitivity and specificity so everyone is safer
Old Jan 22, 2021, 4:23 am

Originally Posted by IkarosBOS
Yes and a rectal exam on day 7 of quarantine to add sensitivity and specificity so everyone is safer
yum, yum!

I feel so safe that the government knows what’s best for me! Now, I don’t have to think!
YYCCL3 likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2021, 6:01 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Note that the KLM site and Traveldoc do not yet reflect the new rapid test requirement, but Timatic does.
Often1 and YYCCL3 like this.
Old Jan 22, 2021, 7:47 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
I would never rely on anything other than TIMATIC as this is what air carrier check-in personnel see in front of them. Easy to use and can handle all manner of permutations.
Old Jan 22, 2021, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by Often1
I would never rely on anything other than TIMATIC as this is what air carrier check-in personnel see in front of them. Easy to use and can handle all manner of permutations.
KL uses traveldoc.
Old Jan 23, 2021, 4:41 am

Traveldoc now shows the double test requirement, and it shows the previous exceptions for students and commuters. One of the station managers wrote me to say Traveldoc is wrong and they were told to let nobody board without double tests.
Old Jan 24, 2021, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by f4free
One of the station managers wrote me to say Traveldoc is wrong and they were told to let nobody board without double tests.
That station manager needs to do a reality check. The Dutch State Department provides a long list of exemptions here, (in Dutch).

Johan

Last edited by johan rebel; Jan 24, 2021 at 11:01 am Reason: a lot of typos in just two sentences.
Old Jan 24, 2021, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Dear all
some information about the new conditions of entry into the Netherlands were posted yesterday in the AFKL travel agents portal, and I think they are interesting to share here as some information are new to me (and very likely to everyone here). I have highlighted them in red.

In French:
Nouvelles conditions d'entrée aux Pays-Bas à compter du 23 janvier:Les autorités néerlandaises imposent pour tous les clients à destination d'Amsterdam :
  • un test négatif à la Covid-19 (RT-PCR ou RT-LAMP) datant de moins de 72 heures
  • ET un test antigénique ou RT-LAMP effectué 4 heures avant le départ (si le client dispose d'un test RT-LAMP, le test RT-PCR n'est plus nécessaire).
Ces deux tests (ou test unique RT-LAMP <4h) sont imposés y compris en cas de correspondance :
  • En cas de correspondance à Paris, le test antigénique est à réaliser au point d'origine du voyage.
  • En cas de correspondance au delà d'Amsterdam, privilégier un réacheminement au départ de CDG si possible.Des documents de voyages supplémentaires peuvent être exigés. Consultez Traveldoc.
En parallèle, un flightban est instauré pour les vols commerciaux en provenance des pays suivants : Cap Vert, Royaume-Uni, Afrique du Sud ainsi que les pays d'Amérique du Sud suivants (Argentine, Bolivie, Brésil, Chilie, Colombie, République Dominicaine, Equateur, Guyane Française, Guyana, Panama, Paraguay, Pérou, Surinam, Uruguay et Vénézuela). Les clients en provenance de ces escales peuvent être réacheminés jusqu'à AMS via CDG si ils disposent d'un test PCR <72h et d'un test antigénique effectué dans les 4 heures avant le vol. Sans test antigénique, le client peut être réacheminé jusqu'à CDG s'il le souhaite, son PNR sera alimenté de la remarque suivante : "Le Client a demandé et choisi un acheminement vers CDG pour destination finale. Le Client est informé que le billet entre CDG et AMS sera annulé sans remboursement".
In English:
New entry conditions in the Netherlands from January 23:

The Dutch authorities impose for all customers to Amsterdam:
  • a negative test for Covid-19 (RT-PCR or RT-LAMP) dating less than 72 hours
  • AND an antigen or RT-LAMP test performed 4 hours before departure (if the client has an RT-LAMP test, the RT-PCR test is no longer necessary).

These two tests (or single test RT-LAMP <4h) are imposed including in case of connection:
  • In the event of a connection in Paris, the antigen test must be carried out at the point of origin of the trip.
  • In the event of a connection beyond Amsterdam, prefer a re-routing from CDG if possible. Additional travel documents may be required. Consult Traveldoc.
At the same time, a flightban has been set up for commercial flights from the following countries: Cape Verde, United Kingdom, South Africa as well as the following South American countries (Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Dominican Republic , Ecuador, French Guiana, Guyana, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay and Venezuela). Customers coming from these countries can be re-routed to AMS via CDG if they have a PCR test <72h and an antigen test carried out within 4 hours before the flight. Without antigen testing, the customer can be rerouted to CDG if he wishes, his PNR will be annotated with the following remark: "The Customer has requested and chosen a routing to CDG for final destination. The Customer is informed that the ticket between CDG and AMS will be canceled without refund".
Old Jan 24, 2021, 11:32 am

Yes, the LAMP test as a replacement has been mentioned throughout the government website.
It's interesting to see the part about being rerouted to CDG.
Old Jan 24, 2021, 11:48 am

So if flying with AF via CDG to AMS, the rapid test requirement is from the flight to CDG instead of the flight to the Netherlands?
Old Jan 24, 2021, 11:48 am

Programs: FB PLATINUM IHG ACCOR
Any suggestions about flying CDG AMS ; where and how will this -4h Rapid test be done at cdg?
Is this offered for free for passengers departing from cdg on AF/KLM?
Old Jan 24, 2021, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
So if flying with AF via CDG to AMS, the rapid test requirement is from the flight to CDG instead of the flight to the Netherlands?
Yes. If you fly, let's say GRU-CDG-AMS, you need :
- a PCR test <72 hrs from the arrival time in AMS
- a rapid antigenic test <4hrs before the 1st flight departs from GRU

So you cannot do the antigenic test during the transit in CDG (I wrongly thought it was possible).

Originally Posted by splflyer
Any suggestions about flying CDG AMS ; where and how will this -4h Rapid test be done at cdg?
Is this offered for free for passengers departing from cdg on AF/KLM?
Very easy to do at CDG. It is free. Guaranteed results in 1 to 2 hrs.
https://www.parisaeroport.fr/en/pass...-pcr-antigenic
You need to book via Doctolib.
Old Jan 24, 2021, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Yes. If you fly, let's say GRU-CDG-AMS, you need :
- a PCR test <72 hrs from the arrival time in AMS
- a rapid antigenic test <4hrs before the 1st flight departs from GRU

So you cannot do the antigenic test during the transit in CDG (I wrongly thought it was possible).
Dutch government also mentions it’s possible to do the rapid test at a transfer airport, for instance if no test is available at the point of origin.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.