KLM - flight date changes

Old Dec 21, 20, 8:32 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Posts: 3
KLM - flight date changes

Hi to everyone.

I have this issue on my mind right now,

I just booked a flight (PRG-AMS-PTY) where AG test is mandatory upon arrival, not older than 48 hours, lets say i would be tested 24 hours prior to departure because journey itself would take aprox. 17 hours so there is some time left for delays etc. What would happen with my ticket if my test came positive?

KLM has launched a program where we can change dates of flights, vouchers or cancelation regardless of bought fare. I could not find any information when is the ultimate possible time to rebook my flight, it used to be 48 hours but i will not know my test result just 24 hours before flight..

Does anybody know how long before my flight i can change or cancel my flight with KLM during Covid outbreak?

Thank you all and take care.
David
Nipik is offline  
Old Dec 21, 20, 8:37 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: CPT,AMS
Posts: 4,073
You can change any time before the flight.
Ditto is offline  
Old Dec 21, 20, 9:29 am
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Posts: 3
well i did not except such a fast rreply, thank you for that.

Well its really brief and on point answer, guess those are good news for me, thank you and have a nice day!
Nipik is offline  
Old Jan 8, 21, 11:54 am
  #4  
Marriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: EDI, TYO, CGK
Programs: CX MPC Diamond, BAEC Gold, SK EB Gold, JX COSMILE Insighter, Flying Blue Silver
Posts: 1,971
Hi everyone, sorry to hijack this thread,

But does anyone know how many times one is allowed to change the date of their flight?

I’ve got an intercontinental return portion in class O/J back to the UK but currently due to the restrictions surrounding the lockdown in Scotland, it has become practically illegal for me to travel into the country. As such, there is no definite date for the lockdown ending.

Is it otherwise possible to have the return flights set as “open”?

many thanks for your inputs
clubeurope is offline  
Old Jan 8, 21, 12:35 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: LYS, CAN/HKG
Programs: FlyingBlue
Posts: 348
Originally Posted by clubeurope View Post

But does anyone know how many times one is allowed to change the date of their flight?
Last time I asked the PSL (early december), there were no hard limits. One data point: I rescheduled a given booking 4 times last year before giving up and asking for a refund.

Originally Posted by clubeurope View Post
Is it otherwise possible to have the return flights set as “open”?
As far as I know, no. You have to settle for a date, and don't forget to push it further from time to time.
maalloc is offline  
Old Jan 8, 21, 12:37 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: CPT,AMS
Posts: 4,073
Originally Posted by clubeurope View Post
Hi everyone, sorry to hijack this thread,

But does anyone know how many times one is allowed to change the date of their flight?

I’ve got an intercontinental return portion in class O/J back to the UK but currently due to the restrictions surrounding the lockdown in Scotland, it has become practically illegal for me to travel into the country. As such, there is no definite date for the lockdown ending.

Is it otherwise possible to have the return flights set as “open”?

many thanks for your inputs
You can change as many times as you'd like, as long as there is no fare difference you don't have to pay anything.
Otherwise you can cancel it and get a voucher, but it it's the return portion then buying a one-way later on would probably be expensive.
My suggestion would be to change the ticket to a time you think it will be possible to travel again, let's say 1 month from now? just choose a date that is convenient and no fare difference, I've had to do it myself recently (for different reasons), 3 changes later I was finally able to fly
Ditto is offline  
Old Jan 8, 21, 7:47 pm
  #7  
Marriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: EDI, TYO, CGK
Programs: CX MPC Diamond, BAEC Gold, SK EB Gold, JX COSMILE Insighter, Flying Blue Silver
Posts: 1,971
Thank you @Ditto and @maalloc for your inouts! That is very reassuring information...

much appreciated compared to the arrangements offered by Lufthansa Group which only permits one change...
Squerez likes this.
clubeurope is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: