Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cancelled leg of multi-flight itinerary (LAS-DTW on Delta)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2020, 11:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC, Flying Blue
Cancelled leg of multi-flight itinerary (LAS-DTW on Delta)

Hi,

a group of us have a LAS trip planned for Sept, the flight itinerary for which is NCL-AMS-LAS-DTW-AMS-NCL with the LAS-DTW being the first leg of the return trip operated by Delta. All other flights and the booking, were KLM.

We have received a cancellation notice for this leg. Before I relay the options to the rest of the group, am I right that refund is one, even though KLM have sent an email explicitly stating that if the flight was cancelled prior to 15th May (it was) that only a voucher is possible (there was no email advising the cancellation until today, I just happened to notice in my account)?

I'm getting confused by the scope of EU regulation here, which probably doesn't apply.

Thanks
Old Jun 2, 2020, 8:28 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by martmonk
Hi,

a group of us have a LAS trip planned for Sept, the flight itinerary for which is NCL-AMS-LAS-DTW-AMS-NCL with the LAS-DTW being the first leg of the return trip operated by Delta. All other flights and the booking, were KLM.

We have received a cancellation notice for this leg. Before I relay the options to the rest of the group, am I right that refund is one, even though KLM have sent an email explicitly stating that if the flight was cancelled prior to 15th May (it was) that only a voucher is possible (there was no email advising the cancellation until today, I just happened to notice in my account)?

I'm getting confused by the scope of EU regulation here, which probably doesn't apply.

Thanks
EU regulation might not apply in this case, but DOT sure do, so you should be able to cancel the whole trip for a full refund.
martmonk likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2020, 8:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC, Flying Blue
Thanks.
thats what I thought but was looking for confirmation.
Old Jun 2, 2020, 11:35 am

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, AA, WP
It is a confusing question, and you are right, the stated KLM policy isn't quite clear. The policy provides that you get a voucher if your flight was canceled prior to March 15. On the other hand, it is true that here in the U.S., if Delta cancels your flight -- you are due a refund, not a travel credit. But the policy says "Did you purchase your ticket in the USA," which I assume you did not, suggesting the policy does not apply in this case.

Still, if Delta cancels LAS-DTW, how in the heck are you supposed to make your flight to Amsterdam? Let us know what happens, and good luck!
Old Jun 2, 2020, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by daloosh
But the policy says "Did you purchase your ticket in the USA," which I assume you did not, suggesting the policy does not apply in this case.
It does. Where the ticket was purchased is irrelevant.

Johan

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.