Community
Wiki Posts
Search

KLM staff have zero power with FB tickets

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2020, 6:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist UA 1K MM, Delta Diamond
KLM staff have zero power with FB tickets

So I'm in AMS today, had a stomach issue was sweating a bit. I asked the gate agent for a later flight (Was going to SF) Wanted to take some medicine and leave later, he was no help asked me to call FB as it was a FB ticket. Call took too long so I got on the plane. Purser talks to me, and after talking to captain I'm removed from the flight. Without him meeting me, I'm told GA will book me on another flight no problem. I'm not one to argue, I'd be fine, but I'll respect their opinions. GA can't rebook me, nor lounge. had to call FB who reissued me a new ticket at a 30% or so higher mileage cost. I paid as that was the only option. I understand if I ask to change my flight, but when I'm removed from the plane for a reason like this. I'd say they should be able to do anything to accommodate me. I understand if I was drunk or rude etc, but I just didn't feel too great, nothing out of the ordinary. This is the same airline who never contacted me after saving a 787 from an emergency landing by subduing and being injured by a violent unruly passenger who bit half the ear off a FA. Didn't even pay for my aids test. No surprises here I guess.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 7:37 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by ryan754
No surprises here I guess.
Hi

of course no surprises

you are sick , you want to fly , while you shouldn't , period !!

Be glad you were able to rebook ticket for just 30% more cause other airlines would ask you to pay full fare for next flight , and then for your return journey to tell you that your ticket is cancelled cause of no show or something like this . So why complaining ???

The captain decided probably to remove you from the flight as he estimated you are not fit to fly . Do you know that you are under the responsibility of the crew once plane take off ?? do you know how much it cost to re route a plane for a sick passenger ?? do you know how much work and trouble it can generate if you die on board ??

They are not doctors but sure your family will be the first to sue them if something happen to you, so it is not a matter of their opinions but a matter to avoid any unncessary troubles because of someone not being able to assess the situation

While being sick on board is not a pleasure , a simple flight from detroit to montreal is not the same as amsterdam to san francisco

Also for your information , flying blue is a separate entity inside of the airfrance-klm group , the same as citibank is in citigroup , so that is the reason why they send you the ticket issuer

Last edited by fifty_two; Jan 28, 2020 at 7:54 am
Old Jan 28, 2020, 8:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist UA 1K MM, Delta Diamond
I appreciate your reply. Nonetheless my situation was majorly exaggerated. I’ve paid to get a fit to fly and the doctor couldn’t believe the situation. On top of this KLM passed my personal information to Aeromexico without my consent so that they could deny my boarding without a doctors consent. I fly 250,000 miles a year. I know when I’m sick. I’m a FB platinum so not just a leisure traveler. Common sense dictates that this was blown out of proportion. I will be seeking EU 261 and checking if they broke laws. My law guys says they did. So who knows. I respect KLM and how they run their airline. But when they flat out lie to me and share my personal information with a third party in the Netherlands I’m not too pleased.
also I understand fb is separate. Nonetheless on occasions of irrops on fb tickets there has never been an issue accommodating me. I was offloaded against my will and this was documented as a involuntary offload which should translate to a rebooking without cost.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 10:11 am

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
You asked ground staff to be put on another flight, presumably because you didn't feel fit to fly, speak to the purser (we can only presume you mentioned your condition to them) and are then offloaded because they don't deem you fit to fly, and then you want compensation under EU261?

Save yourself some time:
‘denied boarding’ means a refusal to carry passengers on a flight, although they have presented themselves for boarding under the conditions laid down in Article 3(2), except where there are reasonable grounds to deny them boarding, such as reasons of health, safety or security, or inadequate travel documentation;
If you have travel insurance that covers this, they should be the ones you should be talking to, not KLM - they did what you actually wanted.

But when they flat out lie to me and share my personal information with a third party in the Netherlands I’m not too pleased.
How is this relevant to this story?
The doomed and Goldorak like this.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 9:24 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Welcome to KLM being KLM at AMS, whether or not they are required to re-accommodate without additional charge.

As a matter of good public health policy, the airlines should not be encouraging passengers who are sick and possibly contagious to fly by masking symptoms/illness, and yet that is what this kind of airline add/collect/new ticket charge policy and practice does. Unfortunately, KLM is not alone in having thisnkind of approach to passenger sickness.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.