KLM to KLM Interline baggage - 2 separate tickets

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2019, 5:14 am
Original Poster

KLM to KLM Interline baggage - 2 separate tickets

I have 2 separate KLM tickets:
1. KUL to TLL via AMS with flight KL 777 and air baltic
2. CGK to KUL with flight KL 777

Will KLM interline and check my bag all the way thru to TLL?
The CGK to KUL to AMS route is on the same flight KL777 and same plane! Layover time is 90mins.
I would assume KLM has an interlining agreement with itself right, even on separate tickets.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 6:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Der Yung

Will KLM interline and check my bag all the way thru to TLL?
Of course it's possible, but you should expect that they won't:

No longer possible to check bags through on two separate PNRs from AMS?

Originally Posted by Der Yung
The CGK to KUL to AMS route is on the same flight KL777 and same plane! Layover time is 90mins.
I would assume KLM has an interlining agreement with itself right, even on separate tickets.
I would be very, very worried about attempting this with luggage checked in. Refusal will mean you are stranded in KUL.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
KL to KL will be no problem.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 7:03 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
The terms matter. I would be careful about the use of "interlining" and "PNR"

KL-to-KL is not interlining.
Multiple tickets could still be issued into the same PNR.

Thus, experiences with interlining and transfers between separate tickets in separate PNR's might be different than transfers within KL on separate tickets issued into the same PNR.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 7:21 am

Programs: FB, M&B, UA, AA
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Of course it's possible, but you should expect that they won't:

No longer possible to check bags through on two separate PNRs from AMS?

I would be very, very worried about attempting this with luggage checked in. Refusal will mean you are stranded in KUL.
Close to impossible. KLM usually uses the satellite in KUL. This implies moving to the main terminal, through customs, getting your luggage hoping they get it with you in 20 min or so, checking it in before the cut-off time that probably is 60 minutes.....impossible, seems to me. Try to find out if they will check it through, or travel hand luggage only.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by atflyer
Close to impossible.
When I said "of course it's possible", I was referring to the fact that it is technically possible for KLM to check the bags through.

Not, as you seem to have taken it, that it's still possible to travel onwards on the same plane from KUL when needing to go airside to collect luggage to be rechecked onto the very same flight.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 10:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by atflyer
Close to impossible. KLM usually uses the satellite in KUL. This implies moving to the main terminal, through customs, getting your luggage hoping they get it with you in 20 min or so, checking it in before the cut-off time that probably is 60 minutes.....impossible, seems to me. Try to find out if they will check it through, or travel hand luggage only.
KLM can use whatever terminal they want, its the same flights, KL810. What I want is for them to check my bag all the way thru to Amsterdam and onwards to Tallinn. I bag should not leave the plane.
If I didnt have a check bag, I could just stay on the plane or at the gate. It would be impossible to miss this connecting flight unless I am denied boarding.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 10:26 am
Original Poster

Reply from KLM customer support:
"We have checked your reservation, and also a flight from Jakarta to Kuala Lumpur to confirm we have a flight operated for this route. In line with your inquiry, having two separate tickets with KLM and baggage checked through, we advise our passengers to inform the airport staff from your departure airport that you have another ticket continuing your journey."

So basically it is by the discretion of the ground staff at CGK. I am 99% sure this can work. But 1% hesitation is to due ground staff not agreeing and being strict about the separate PNR policies.
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Was that reply supposed to be in English?

Johan

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.