Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does KLM always notify missing bags from AMS?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2019, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by ticino
Not according to Air France. I ended up filing a small claim to see how things work, and according to Air France, "as you are no doubt aware, the last carrier or your journey is responsible for the handling of your claim. We kindly request you to contact them directly as they have legal ability to reimburse the costs incurred as a result of this situation."

So, even though it was AF who sold the KL-coded journey, it's Gol as last carrier that's responsible for tracing lost luggage and handling the reimbursement of expenses.
I certainly wasn't aware that Gol is the sole point of contact, so I am posting just in case this is helpful to anyone else.
yes, this is correct. As I said in my post #7 , I misread your initial post, as I thought you ended your trip in GRU arriving on the KL flight. As you took a GOL flight from GRU (this was the last flight of your journey), they are indeed the one handling the case from A to Z.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.