Wiki Posts
Search

New terminal at ACC - check in without checked bag

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2018, 9:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Platinum, TK *G, BA Silver
New terminal at ACC - check in without checked bag

Does anybody have any experience of departing ACC hand baggage only after OLCI?

I'm departing the new terminal at ACC on KLM tomorrow night. I only have hand baggage, I've checked in online, and printed the boarding pass. The check in and bag drop deadline is 2 hours before departure at ACC. Can I avoid the check in desk and go straight to security with a home-printed boarding pass at ACC? I know this is common in Europe, but at African outstations you often have to go to the check in desk regardless of OLCI, which is why I'm checking - for example at FNA.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
But what's your point ? Do you want to arrive "late" at the airport (I mean after regular check-in will have closed) ?
I have no personal experience at this airport, but if this what you want to do, this can be dangerous. If they have such a check-in deadline it's because immigration and security controls can take forever.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 3:00 am
Original Poster

I'm trying to understand whether I will need to attend the check in desk at Accra or not so I can build in the potential added time needed for this. Obviously I'm aware of the dangers of arriving late. This information would help me make an informed decision about what time to get into the horrendous Accra traffic.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 3:56 am
Original Poster

Here is my experience:

I arrived in plenty of time, and asked a KLM rep if I needed to check in. Passengers DO need to visit the check in desk to get a boarding pass, even if they have checked in online and printed a boarding pass. I asked the check in agent if they really close check in 2 hours before departure, and she said no it's just to try and get people there on time.

Immigration and security took less than 5 minutes each and I therefore had a very long wait in the nice new Akwaaba lounge.
Goldorak and PeteM01 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.