Wiki Posts
Search

Visit lounge 52 while on Schengen flight Schiphol

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2018, 7:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Gold
Visit lounge 52 while on Schengen flight Schiphol

I always assumed one could not visit the non-Schengen part and thus lounge 52 while on a Schengen flight out of AMS. But I read on a different forum here in the lounge thread that it is in fact possible. Does anybody have experience with this?

Merci

Last edited by TLSpace; Sep 18, 2018 at 7:21 am
Old Sep 19, 2018, 12:14 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Access the lounge - probably possible. Accessing the terminal where the lounge is located...very difficult if you do not have a flight arriving or departing there.

From landside, with a shengen boarding pass chances are the automatic gates are not going to allow you to enter the security check for non-shengen. Maybe you can first enter Shengen and then go through passport control to enter non-shengen..
Old Sep 19, 2018, 2:14 am

Programs: FB Plat
The 52 lounge is currently under renovations. As such, it has half less seats, is often almost full, and the catering is even worse than at the Schengen lounge (while the offered canteen is the same!).
Old Sep 20, 2018, 12:01 pm

Programs: FB, M&B, UA, AA
As indicated maybe you could move via passport control from Schengen to non-Schengen and visit lounge 52. But why bother? Takes a lot of time (you have to go back through passport control) and the lounge at Schengen is as good or bad as the non-Schengen one, certaintly during renovations. Side remark - why is this under AF and not KLM?
Old Sep 24, 2018, 2:41 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Definitely not worth the hassle. The offer is strictly the same as in the Schengen Lounge.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 4:55 am

Programs: Skyteam E+ (FB PfL), Latam Black, LH MM, Iberia plus, HH: Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy: Plat
Originally Posted by olivedel
Definitely not worth the hassle. The offer is strictly the same as in the Schengen Lounge.
Agreed, but there is one thing you can only do in lounge 52: Huisje deals!
Old Oct 10, 2018, 10:45 am

Programs: BA, KLM
you ca easily move between the two, just need to show your passport the get through. I once went S to NS and back to S when I was meeting someone. Just explained this to passport control who probably thought I was mad
Old Oct 12, 2018, 11:22 am

Programs: Marriott titanium, KL/AF FB Ulti
Originally Posted by Dougy Giro
you ca easily move between the two, just need to show your passport the get through. I once went S to NS and back to S when I was meeting someone. Just explained this to passport control who probably thought I was mad
It's a hit or miss, depending on the immigration officer on duty. I once had to move from S to NS to get a vaccination in the travel clinic that's based in the NS area and the really pushed me in getting the vaccination landside instead of airside, having me to pass through security again. I need to admit that passing security sometimes goes way faster than passing border control at AMS, but probably this very immigration officer would also have advised going landside for meeting someone.

If the e-gates are working and you have a passport with a chip you can easily go from S - NS and vv.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 9:24 am

Programs: FB Platinum
If you have a EU/EEA passport, you could just use the automatic passport check - and no questions asked...
Old Oct 15, 2018, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KLBGO
If you have a EU/EEA passport, you could just use the automatic passport check
Assuming they are up and running, which is not always the case.

Johan

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.