Wiki Posts
Search

Sleeping in KLMLounge 25

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2018, 4:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Gold, IB Plus Plata
Sleeping in KLMLounge 25

Hi, I will soon have a long schengen transit (7h) and I wondered if there is a snoozing area with (more or less) horizontal chairs and darkened lightning in KLM Lounge 25 in AMS.

Thanks!
Old Aug 6, 2018, 4:45 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
Sorry to inform you there isn't really a designated snoozing area. Some seat types and corners of the lounge may be better for snoozing than others. Just make your pick when you arrive
It may be interesting to know that the regular departure lounge has some snoozing areas with very comfy bed-like seats.
KLBGO likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 6:11 am

Originally Posted by Zembla
Sorry to inform you there isn't really a designated snoozing area. Some seat types and corners of the lounge may be better for snoozing than others. Just make your pick when you arrive
It may be interesting to know that the regular departure lounge has some snoozing areas with very comfy bed-like seats.
Indeed, there is a nice area just outside the lounge which might be better for snoozing
KLBGO likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 6:50 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Air Europa Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
Yes, try the area with all the plants and greenery. I have even seen airport employees taking siestas there.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
There are a couple air side hotel at Schipol - a yotel and a mercure.

They might be more comfortable than a chair in the lounge.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 12:43 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by Satie
Hi, I will soon have a long schengen transit (7h) and I wondered if there is a snoozing area with (more or less) horizontal chairs and darkened lightning in KLM Lounge 25 in AMS.

Thanks!
What time of day is your layover? During day hours you may be able to explore a bit of Amsterdam. If at night, be aware that the lounges are not 24-hour locations:
"The KLM Crown Lounges at Amsterdam Airport Schiphol are open from 04:45 hours until the last KLM flight departs."
Old Aug 6, 2018, 1:01 pm

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
There are a couple air side hotel at Schipol - a yotel and a mercure.

They might be more comfortable than a chair in the lounge.
They are in the non-Schengen area, and the OP is doing a Schengen transit, so they are not accessible.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 9:03 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Wow, how'd you end up with a 7h layover? I second the suggestions of the area outside of the lounge for a nap.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by mfkne
They are in the non-Schengen area, and the OP is doing a Schengen transit, so they are not accessible.
surely not a major hardship to get from one to the other though.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 12:34 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
..im not sure if they would let you? Don't you need a flight from there to be able to pass pasport control?
Old Aug 8, 2018, 3:42 am

Programs: KLM Plat, BA Bronze
Originally Posted by Xandrios
..im not sure if they would let you? Don't you need a flight from there to be able to pass pasport control?
No, no checks are done that i've had, so long as your passport allows you can move between the two. depends on the queues it can take 2-10 mins
Old Aug 8, 2018, 4:19 am

Programs: FB Plat
I don't remember any flight check for the last time I moved between Schengen and non-Schengen areas for the past year. It doesn't hurt to try.
As far as I remember, it is far quicker to enter non-Schengen than to get out of it. When the Parafes have issues, it can take up a long time.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 2:40 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by Zarmakuizz
I don't remember any flight check for the last time I moved between Schengen and non-Schengen areas for the past year. It doesn't hurt to try.
As far as I remember, it is far quicker to enter non-Schengen than to get out of it. When the Parafes have issues, it can take up a long time.
Parafe? Is that a CDG thing?

AMS has Privium. Excelently quick to use.... provided you can get to your queue. I've had it where I'd had to quite literally fight my way through the mass of people indignant that I try to overtake them - even though I could see that the Privium lane was near empty.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 2:14 am

Programs: FB Plat
Oh, I though that Parafe were the name of all the automated passport control machines, my bad.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.