Wiki Posts
Search

Low Level Award Search? How?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2018, 8:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum-2 MM Starwood Plat,Delta DM
Low Level Award Search? How?

Is there a way to search low level KLM awards? They iused to have a calender based search but now it seems you can only search one day at a time?
Any ideas/
Old Jul 13, 2018, 1:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by robertw477
Is there a way to search low level KLM awards? They iused to have a calender based search but now it seems you can only search one day at a time?
Any ideas/
There is no such thing as "low level" awards.

All seats can now be booked using miles, but as with cash fares, the amounts required rapidly increase as the plane fills.

That the calendar went from a monthly overview to a daily search has been commented at length on these threads.

I appreciate that you clearly are a KLM/Flying Blue novice, but it makes life easier for everyone if, before plunging in with a question, you get a feel for the thread and read through the posts.

So in short - you answered your own question. You have to search day by day.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 1:49 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Are there any services, eg ExpertFlyer, to tap into this? Everybody wants a monthly overview with prices per mile, but the FB website does not offer that any more. I don't know if the miles-required are published on a GDS (probably not), but maybe they have other tricks to get to that information...and display it in a better way than the FB site currently does.

Last edited by Xandrios; Jul 13, 2018 at 1:59 am
Old Jul 13, 2018, 7:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum-2 MM Starwood Plat,Delta DM
Originally Posted by irishguy28
There is no such thing as "low level" awards.

All seats can now be booked using miles, but as with cash fares, the amounts required rapidly increase as the plane fills.

That the calendar went from a monthly overview to a daily search has been commented at length on these threads.

I appreciate that you clearly are a KLM/Flying Blue novice, but it makes life easier for everyone if, before plunging in with a question, you get a feel for the thread and read through the posts.

So in short - you answered your own question. You have to search day by day.
Thanks. Sorry about that. Also the terminology.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 2:00 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow

Originally Posted by robertw477
Any ideas/
Originally Posted by Xandrios
Everybody wants a monthly overview with prices per mile, but the FB website does not offer that any more. I don't know if the miles-required are published on a GDS (probably not), but maybe they have other tricks to get to that information...and display it in a better way than the FB site currently does.
You can use the 30-day [Power Search] function in the KVS Tool to locate AF/KL Award Availability at the Standard (lowest) level.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 9:17 pm

Programs: FB, M&B, UA, AA
Monthly search is back on the award booking site of KL/AF - click the box 'around these dates'. Doesn't work perfect though - I sometimes get lower or higher mile costs when you select the specific flight date as in the monthly overview
Old Aug 5, 2018, 1:53 am

Programs: FB Plat, SQ*G, OW Emerald, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by atflyer
Monthly search is back on the award booking site of KL/AF - click the box 'around these dates'. Doesn't work perfect though - I sometimes get lower or higher mile costs when you select the specific flight date as in the monthly overview
Indeed back on the PC-version of the website, but not for those using the KLM or AF phone/tablet app. Wouldn't surprise me to see it back soon though, also there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.