Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Accidental Hidden City on KLM — Impact

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2018, 5:55 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Air Europa Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
It's no problem to take someone else's belongings so long as nothing criminal is in there.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by HalconBCN
It's no problem to take someone else's belongings so long as nothing criminal is in there.
As long as it's checked under your name of course, otherwise it might become an issue if you get stopped by customs (and in some airports in SE Asia you actually have to show your passport along with the luggage tag to get out)
Old Apr 10, 2018, 10:55 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Neither AMS nor OPO are in SE Asia and OP is flying with another pax in the same PNR. Presumably he can determine whether it is someone he can ask.

In any event, OP should not pack any unlawful drugs or contraband in his checked bag if he is asking someone to handle it !
Old Apr 11, 2018, 8:49 am

Programs: FB plat for life
Originally Posted by Often1
In any event, OP should not pack any unlawful drugs or contraband in his checked bag if he is asking someone to handle it !
However, if OP is NOT asking someone to handle it, the statement on unlawful drugs or contraband does not apply ?
Old Apr 11, 2018, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by pjhartog
However, if OP is NOT asking someone to handle it, the statement on unlawful drugs or contraband does not apply ?
No; the OP *should* pack drugs and illegal contraband if they are carrying their own luggage ^
Zarmakuizz likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 1:19 pm

Programs: FB plat for life
Remember - not only Facebook is watching this scene - also KLM and KMAR - and my forum name is really totally unrelated to my real identity. When I joined I didn't think of these repercussions....
Old Apr 16, 2018, 5:22 pm

Programs: FB Platinum
...Or just travel with a carry-on and a small backpack as personal item.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 4:10 pm

actually you can ask when you check in, that you would like to collect the bag at AMS. i did it 2 times, then i dropped the last leg. was on KL/AF ticket.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 1:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by kerjaansei
actually you can ask when you check in, that you would like to collect the bag at AMS. i did it 2 times, then i dropped the last leg. was on KL/AF ticket.
You can't just ask. They charge €275 per bag to have them short-checked only as far as AMS unless you have an overnight stay or unless your onward "flight" is by bus or train.

Whatever outstation you managed to do this was probably mistaken; they really watch out for this and won't short-check bags.

Short checking a bag with KLM
Offload baggage fee

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.