Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AMS - JNB KL591 9 Nov 17

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2017, 12:55 pm
Original Poster

AMS - JNB KL591 9 Nov 17

Can anyone confirm which aircraft will be on the AMS-JNB KL591 route on the 9 Nov. Is it the 777-200 or 777-300? I had a quick look on the FR24, however I notice different a/c are used on different days, and wondered whether I can find reliable confirmation elsewhere?

Thanks.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 1:03 pm

The current time table is M,T,Th,Sa - 772, W,F,Su - 77W
But given that you have a booking, and able to access the seat map on KLM website, this would give you the most reliable information (except last minute changes, which are pretty rare)
Old Nov 3, 2017, 1:11 pm
Original Poster

Ditto - Marvellous, thanks for the explanation. I'll be happy in my chosen seat now. :-)
Old Dec 19, 2017, 8:17 am
Original Poster

Not sure if this should be posted here as a continuation of the original thread, but here goes.....

Checked in LHR for the LHR-AMS-JNB flight, and found I was given a middle seat on the l/h side of the aircraft, rather than the window seat I had requested and paid for, on the AMS-JNB leg. As this was due to a change in a/c, and being the pragmatist that I am, I understood the flight was full, and so I figured I would just ask for a refund upon my return home, and so buckled up, ready for eventual take off.

There were a few 'stragglers' coming on board, and then a member of the cabin crew approached me and requested that I move (!). Not understanding what was going on, I asked why, as I was sat in the correct seat assigned to me on my boarding card (despite it not being the window seat, but that's history now). I was told that 2 other peolpe were going to sit where I was sitting - i.e. one in my seat, the other one next to my seat, which at the time was vacant. I explained that I had already been moved from a window seat to a middle seat, but due to a/c change, and the flight being full, I (sort of) understood it, however I was reluctant to move, as the only option was yet another middle seat, this time in the middle of the a/c (I was sat on the left h/s). I was told that I had no choice, as the other 2 pax were going to take my seat and the one next to it.

I then spoke to a really helpful chap (possibly a senior cabin crew member), who apologised profusely, and said he would find out why I was being moved, and that he would sort it out. Long story short - I moved to the other side of the a/c, as 2 other pax had kindly agreed to move up one seat, to accommodate me. So despite a bit of disruption, everything turned out fine for all concerned. The cabin crew chap took my email address, and told me he was requesting a refund for the seat I had originally paid extra for.

But.....and here is the niggling issue for me. I have not heard anything from the 9 Nov refund request that he said he was making for me. So, I requested the refund online, and explained the situation (the KLM page where it states 'Request refund' for optional extras, such as seats etc), but then received an email saying this was the wrong route to take and could I contact customer care, either by social media, etc. Despite the social media KLM team being really helpful in the past, I didn't hear from them for a few days, so I checked they had received my msge, and they then explained they were quite busy at the moment, and directed me to a link to a form for me to complete. I understand customer service can get very busy indeed sometimes, so again, I was fine with that.

My refund request on the 9 Nov, has become a refund request on the 1 Dec, which was rejected on Dec 11, as I didn't use the correct form, and so I completed the correct form, and my 3rd attempt was on Dec 13.

Apart from the seat issue, I was quite happy with KLM and their service, and I would be happy to fly again with them, but I would just like to be reassured their customer service is usually a bit better organised than this.

Despite this hiccup with customer service, I was quite happy with their inflight service etc. I undertand there appears to have been a cock-up with checking in and my seat being assigned to someone else, but I get this can probalby happen regardless of the airline chosen. The original cabin crew member appeared to be a little 'stressed' when requesting I move, however the senior cabin crew member handled it really well, a real professional.

I have 2 questions.

1. What could have caused the mix up with the seating at LHR (Tthe 2 pax that took my seat boarded in AMS. When we arrived in JNB we spoke briefly, and apparently the seat I occupied - which they eventually sat in - was flagged up red when they were checking in).

2. How long does it take to obtain a refund for what appears to be a straight forward request? I don't want to 'pester', so am content to wait, I would just appreciate an idea of what is an acceptable length of time, before I contact them again.

Many thanks.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Boy, am I ever glad that I was in 1K for the whole flight.

Johan
Old Dec 19, 2017, 12:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by johan rebel
Boy, am I ever glad that I was in 1K for the whole flight.

Johan
Oh, ok. I'm happy for you. ^
Xizm likes this.

Last edited by HGOLI; Dec 19, 2017 at 2:41 pm Reason: Typo emoji &spacing!
Old Dec 20, 2017, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HGOLI
Oh, ok. I'm happy for you
And I'm pleased as punch.

Arguably the best thing about 1K is that I made it from aircraft door to my hotel room in well under 20 minutes.

Johan
Old Dec 21, 2017, 1:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by johan rebel
And I'm pleased as punch.

Arguably the best thing about 1K is that I made it from aircraft door to my hotel room in well under 20 minutes.

Johan
Again, I repeat this is real nice for you, but with all due respect, I don't see what it has to do with the 2 questions I asked? Perhaps you could elaborate? Thanks.
Xizm likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 4:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HGOLI
I don't see what it has to do with the 2 questions I asked?
Nothing whatsoever, of course. I was just expressing relief at having been on the same flight, but not in your shoes. The musical chair treatment you got is not my idea of fun.

As for those questions, I haven't a clue. Sorry!

Good luck getting it sorted.

Johan

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.