Wiki Posts
Search

747 Seats 1 & 4A .... blocked?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2017, 1:15 pm
pmv
Original Poster

747 Seats 1 & 4A .... blocked?

unable to book them although they appear to be available. Called KLM... was assigned 1A, but no longer showing up on my reservation (again shows no seat selected). thoughts?

I'm a Delta Diamond MM .... does/should this make a difference (NOT trying to play DYKWIA.... seriously curious if this should make me "eligible" for this seat)
Old Sep 20, 2017, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Please explain what "appears to be available" means. How did you try to book seats that resulted in your being "unable" to book them?

As an FB Ivory (I.e. no status) I have been able to select both those seats on KL 747s in the (recent) past on the KL website in Manage My Booking
Old Sep 20, 2017, 1:52 pm
pmv
Original Poster

seats show as available on my corporate travel website, and the KLM rep I spoke to "assigned" 1A to me.... it just isn't appearing now....
Old Sep 20, 2017, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pmv
seats show as available on my corporate travel website, and the KLM rep I spoke to "assigned" 1A to me.... it just isn't appearing now....
Go to www.klm.com, look up your reservation using the Amadeus PNR, and select seats for yourself.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 2:33 pm

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
Originally Posted by pmv
unable to book them although they appear to be available. Called KLM... was assigned 1A, but no longer showing up on my reservation (again shows no seat selected). thoughts?

I'm a Delta Diamond MM .... does/should this make a difference (NOT trying to play DYKWIA.... seriously curious if this should make me "eligible" for this seat)
Should not make a difference. Have an upcoming trip partly on a KLM operated 747. Sitting in 4A and 1A is also available for me.
This is on a 006 issued ticket as Delta Diamond MM. Did check on Delta.com and KLM.com.
Forgot about looking at seats through your corporate travel site, best way is to check at the site of the operating carrier.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by pmv
seriously curious if this should make me "eligible" for this seat)
KLM does not block seats for elites, so no it does not matter. 1A and 4A are not special, but they are popular and often picked early by solo fliers.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 11:46 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
Originally Posted by CyBeR
KLM does not block seats for elites, so no it does not matter. 1A and 4A are not special, but they are popular and often picked early by solo fliers.
During a call with FB, they informed me that they block certain seats in EC for Platinum members. Is this maybe a recent change?
Old Sep 25, 2017, 2:22 am

Originally Posted by Gajan
During a call with FB, they informed me that they block certain seats in EC for Platinum members. Is this maybe a recent change?
In business, I meant.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Gajan
I think either the agent was mistaken, or they meant that Plats are more likely to find that seats are available for them to choose, given that they get these seats for free while others have to pay a (sometimes substantial) fee to sit there.

I can't find any evidence, when looking at reservations made on the KLM website, that any EC seats are blocked from non-status (or even non-FB customers). And why would they? They would probably prefer to get the extra €140 from me, than block a seat for a Platinum...who may or may not choose that seat anyway.
Attached Images  

Last edited by irishguy28; Sep 25, 2017 at 3:37 am
Old Sep 25, 2017, 3:59 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
I can't find any evidence, when looking at reservations made on the KLM website, that any EC seats are blocked from non-status (or even non-FB customers). And why would they? They would probably prefer to get the extra €140 from me, than block a seat for a Platinum...who may or may not choose that seat anyway.
For 77X/787 flights, row 10 is usually blocked, and can be 'unlocked' by calling the Plat line,
Old Sep 25, 2017, 4:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ditto
For 77X/787 flights, row 10 is usually blocked, and can be 'unlocked' by calling the Plat line,
Ah! So it is!
Attached Images  
Old Sep 29, 2017, 10:02 am

I am flying solo next year, possible in March/ April, from Billund Danmark to LAX. Have always flown with KLM, but can never remember what type plane as I would like to see the seat arrangement. Would prefer not to sit next to anyone.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 7:30 am
pmv
Original Poster

interesting resolution. I had initially called and the agent put me in 1A. This disappeared and the three single seats all appeared as full. I tweeted KLM customer service who apologized, confirmed that all three were full, and suggested I log on at the KLM website and select another seat. When I logged on THIS time two of the three single seats were available and I'm now in 4A. I'll continue to monitor, but really hoping for a solo seat on this redeye flight. With a bad knee and shoulder I really hate stepping over anyone or having anyone step over me (even more than flying when NOT impaired).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.