Community
Wiki Posts
Search

One way KLM flight which includes a train - (to BRU)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2017, 4:48 am
Original Poster

One way KLM flight which includes a train - (to BRU)

Hi

A question for all you smart guys/gilrls.

I want to book a one way flight TLV-BRU on KLM. This flight is a combination of TLV-AMS flight and a train AMS- BRU through Antwerp.

1. This is a light fare. There is no option to add baggage in the booking process. "For this flight you can arrange (extra) baggage at the airport only"
Is there really no option to do it before arriving to the airport? cost? (I'm Skyteam GOLD).

2. Do I need to take the checked baggage in AMS & carry it over to train? And what happens if I miss the train? Can I just stay in AMS ?

Thanks
Old Aug 10, 2017, 5:14 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
"Skyteam gold" does not exist. It would be either Elite or Elite+.

The luggage calculator does seem to imply that with a light fare and Elite status you get one free bag. Were you planning to check more bags?
Old Aug 10, 2017, 5:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Xandrios
"Skyteam gold" does not exist. It would be either Elite or Elite+.

The luggage calculator does seem to imply that with a light fare and Elite status you get one free bag. Were you planning to check more bags?
Sorry...I'm AZ Alata Plus Club.
No..Just one bag...

What about the train?
Old Aug 10, 2017, 5:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by ehud
What about the train?
What about it?

You have to collect your bag in Amsterdam, and lug it with you onto and off of the train. If you feel that KLM should be paid another baggage fee just for a train segment, while you do all the baggage handling, I am sure they would gladly accept your money.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 5:41 am

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ehud
2. Do I need to take the checked baggage in AMS & carry it over to train? And what happens if I miss the train? Can I just stay in AMS ?

Thanks
The highlighted bit I have done with LH and the train in Germany before...I still got the miles credited for the train as they don't know if you took it or not.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 5:43 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Travel by bus or train on a KLM ticket

https://www.klm.com/travel/gb_en/pla...t/index.htm#p4
From your flight to the Thalys train: if you continue by Thalys after your KLM flight, do not forget to pick up your baggage at the carrousel before you collect your Thalys train ticket.
They will not know whether you actually took the final train segment or not. However you might want to pick up the train ticket anyway, as if you have collected it you can earn the miles for it.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 5:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bcmatt
Travel by bus or train on a KLM ticket

https://www.klm.com/travel/gb_en/pla...t/index.htm#p4

They will not know whether you actually took the final train segment or not. However you might want to pick up the train ticket anyway, as if you have collected it you can earn the miles for it.
And what if. I book a return ticket TLV-BRU-TLV?
If I won't take the train AMS-BRU... Will the return portion (BRU-AMS-TLV) be cancelled? Any experience?
Old Aug 10, 2017, 5:53 am

Programs: FB Plat
You need to at least claim the train ticket for the rest of the trip to be valid.
In your case, for your outbound flight, you'll need to claim your train ticket at BRU for BRU->AMS... otherwise your AMS->TLV ticket will be cancelled.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 6:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Zarmakuizz
You need to at least claim the train ticket for the rest of the trip to be valid.
In your case, for your outbound flight, you'll need to claim your train ticket at BRU for BRU->AMS... otherwise your AMS->TLV ticket will be cancelled.
Great advise!!
Id I'm doing so there is no chance that the return will be canceled?
Old Aug 10, 2017, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
If you do not collect your train ticket in Brussels on the morning of departure, your ticket will be not usable when you get to Schiphol.

If there are any problems with your ticket at Schiphol, you will be asked to show your train ticket from Brussels, which should be stamped by the conductor [If for whatever reason the conductors missed you on the train, track them down!]. You are therefore advised to make sure to travel the return train segment, whether or not you took the train to Brussels on your outbound "flight".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.