Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fare Advice - LON - JRO, DAR - LON

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2017, 9:57 am
Original Poster

Fare Advice - LON - JRO, DAR - LON

I've been looking at flights for a trip to climb Kilimanjaro next year and i'm baffled by KLMs fares.

Leaving 22 Jun 18 from London to JRO, then back from DAR to London on 6 Jul is £494 return according to their website. A quick hop onto Air France shows it splits into £175 outbound and £319 return.

Yet if I make the return journey a date in June the price shoots down to £354 return. All their July return dates from DAR are about £310-320 coming back.

Have they not released the cheapest fares for July 18 yet, or do the cheap fares of June not exist because I've pushed my holiday into the summer months? Any help would be appreciated, i'm going mad over the fact 6 days increases the price by 40%.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 10:15 am

Do you have a specific return date in June? I do not see such a cheap fare...
Old Aug 8, 2017, 12:34 am

Programs: Flying Blue
Originally Posted by edmundo
I've been looking at flights for a trip to climb Kilimanjaro next year and i'm baffled by KLMs fares.

Leaving 22 Jun 18 from London to JRO, then back from DAR to London on 6 Jul is £494 return according to their website. A quick hop onto Air France shows it splits into £175 outbound and £319 return.

Yet if I make the return journey a date in June the price shoots down to £354 return. All their July return dates from DAR are about £310-320 coming back.

Have they not released the cheapest fares for July 18 yet, or do the cheap fares of June not exist because I've pushed my holiday into the summer months? Any help would be appreciated, i'm going mad over the fact 6 days increases the price by 40%.
July is the summer peak travel period in Tanzania. Flights are normally more expensive as many flee the country. Also a lot of staff of western embassies have to fly on KL as they are not allowed to travel with an additional stop in a non western country.

But why do you want to fly out of Dar es Salaam? Is there a reason? If you are going to Zanzibar you can actually fly out from ZNZ back to Ulaya with KQ.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 12:35 am

Programs: Flying Blue
Originally Posted by Meneer Guggenheimer
July is the summer peak travel period in Tanzania. Flights are normally more expensive as many flee the country. Also a lot of staff of western embassies have to fly on KL as they are not allowed to travel with an additional stop in a non western country.

But why do you want to fly out of Dar es Salaam? Is there a reason? If you are going to Zanzibar you can actually fly out from ZNZ back to Ulaya with KQ.
And 494 is actually not a bad price for KL!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.