Wiki Posts
Search

Horrible seats on Embraer 175

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2017, 11:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
Horrible seats on Embraer 175

I don't know what KLM were thinking when they chose the seats for the E175 (which is a very fine airplane) - they're probably the most uncomfortable ones I have ever sat in. They're way too upright and have very little lumbar support, and the knee room is also way smaller than on the E190, which has much, much better seats. Bonus points the the seat back pockets where the springs are so hard they might well break your finger.

Am I the only one who doesn't like those seats at all? Unfortunately KLM have changes my route from E190 to E175 only, so I'm stuck with those for a while.
Old Jun 10, 2017, 11:46 am

Programs: FB plat for life

according to the KLM website....
Old Jun 10, 2017, 2:49 pm
Original Poster

Well it goes beyond slimline - the seats on the F70 are also slimline, and while they're not particularly comfortable, they're not nearly as bad as those on the E175.
Old Jun 10, 2017, 3:14 pm

Have not had the opportunity yet - what route is the 175 on now ?
Old Jun 10, 2017, 3:20 pm

Seatguru has this - pitch and width and more that is not relevant now

\

- guess the higher numbers are EC and the others E - one inch less - same width - weird statement on the KLM site then.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 12:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mfkne
the seats on the F70 are also slimline, and while they're not particularly comfortable, they're not nearly as bad as those on the E175.
Can anybody else remember the cushy and well-padded seats that preceded those slimline torture instruments?

Johan
Old Jun 11, 2017, 1:45 am
Original Poster

Yes, and they were lovely! If you want a trip down memory lane, I believe the seats outside Planes@Plaza at Schiphol are former Fokker seats.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 7:53 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Pitch doesn't say much nowadays, as it includes the thickness of the seat. So slimline seats that are an inch thinner would indeed offer an inch of extra leg space, at the same pitch value.

However there are huge differences between slimline seats. Back support is a big one, but location of the seat pocket is too. When your knees do touch the seat in front of you it makes a huge difference if that is against a plat piece of plastic, a seat pocket, or a mechanical part.

For example the old Air France A32x seats were horrible, as there were aluminium mechanical parts (knobs, nuts, bolts, whatever) right at the location where your knees touch the seat in front. However nowadays that is much much better with the new seats.

In general I try to avoid KLM's 737's if I can nowadays. Compared to the A32x the seats are quite narrow and the EC debacle is still bothering me as well - I'd like a seat towards the front without having to pay extra. For example AF does offer that.

Originally Posted by johan rebel
Can anybody else remember the cushy and well-padded seats that preceded those slimline torture instruments?

Johan
Those have been replaced not that long ago right? Perhaps 2-3 years ago?
Old Mar 7, 2018, 11:45 am

Hey there,
With your permission, I would like to ask a question about the E175. I will actually soon be flying in the E175. I have an Economy Comfort ticket. I was wondering whether there is any difference between row 6 and 7 in terms of comfort.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 12:07 pm
Original Poster

All seats in Eco Comfort are identical.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 12:20 pm

Programs: KL Plat
It got me wondering, is the last row identical? I.e. does it still have the extra recline... thus impinging a lot on the first regular row. Else the first non EC row comes with extra legroom to accommodate the extra recline of the seat infront?
Old Mar 7, 2018, 1:00 pm

Yes, the last line of EC still have extra recline, and no the row behind it doesn't have extra legroom.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 1:13 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by Xandrios
In general I try to avoid KLM's 737's if I can nowadays. Compared to the A32x the seats are quite narrow and the EC debacle is still bothering me as well - I'd like a seat towards the front without having to pay extra. For example AF does offer that.?
Definitely OT, but is there anyone else who has never had an option to select a seat in front of the window on checking with AF? They just always show as full. And I mean always from my admitedly not many AF flights.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
select a seat in front of the window on checking with AF?
A window seat? Or any seat in the part of the cabin that's forward of the wing?

Johan
Old Mar 8, 2018, 1:38 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by johan rebel
A window seat? Or any seat in the part of the cabin that's forward of the wing?

Johan
Sorry. That meant to say in front of the wing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.