Community
Wiki Posts
Search

KL marketed BT operated, what to expect?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2019, 2:12 pm

Programs: Flying Blue PFL; IHG Rewards Club Diamond; HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Just curious : what else "before" ?
I'm sure you remember the joys of the security check after the passport check with their fetish for removing every single cable from your hand luggage
Old Apr 25, 2019, 2:16 pm

Programs: Flying Blue PFL; IHG Rewards Club Diamond; HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by ShopAround
Thanks for your response. That isn't what KLM replied when I tweeted them to ask. Their response was: please know that liquids may be carried in your hand baggage but only in small amounts not exceeding 100 ml (3.4 oz) per object. You must place these in a transparent and sealable plastic bag with a volume of no more than 1 liter. The bag must be closed and the objects must fit inside it easily. One transparent plastic bag may be taken per person.

I did make it clear that I was connecting but honestly, I'd believe a FT'er with experience doing this over a KLM rep that probably never connected in AMS themselves and may not be clear on the connection process.
Living in the UK I have to go through the passport check every time I'm connecting to an airport in a Schengen-zone country, so I have plenty of experience of this. However, the other poster is correct to say that you will have to go through a security check if you go landside for any reason and then return.
ShopAround likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.