Wiki Posts
Search

DPS lounge

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2017, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

DPS lounge

It looks like there is a choice at DPS between a contract lounge (the "Premier lounge") and the GA "Executive lounge".

Any views as to the respective merits of either?
Old May 21, 2017, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I know only the GA lounge and it's quite pleasant.
Old May 22, 2017, 2:29 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
Based on a review on flight report, the GA lounge seems to be better.

Apparently they stamp your boarding pass when entering the lounge, so if nether one lounge, you cannot enter the other.

I'll be passing through DPS next month so can report afterwards.
Old May 22, 2017, 8:40 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Both lounges compete for our business. , so you can ask to visit the Premier lounge and they will oblige.

I did and thought GA lounge was better, but the IIRC the Premier lounge has windows....
Old May 22, 2017, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by carnarvon
I did and thought GA lounge was better, but the IIRC the Premier lounge has windows....
I liked the mezzanine of the GA lounge overlooking the inside of the terminal (like the KE lounge in LAX-TBIT)
Old May 23, 2017, 3:31 pm

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
The Premier Lounge was nothing special when I was last there (Dec 16). Full, dirty and limited drinks. Food was OK. IIRC the GA lounge (was there in 2015) was a tad better.
Old May 23, 2017, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

So it sounds like the emerging consensus is that the GA lounge has a slight edge. Thanks all.
Old May 24, 2017, 11:04 am

Programs: FB plf; IB oro; LA black
Tested GA lounge in 8/16 and Premier (5/17) for me no photo GA wins easily, quiter, nicer,not so crowded, some nice wines (on demand), food selection is weaker but better!
Old Jul 18, 2018, 7:21 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
We are flying out on CX from DPS today. One of us is in economy and the rest business. Can a business passenger guest an Econ into Premier lounge? Econ passenger also has priority pass if easier.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.