Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Priority Security check at Schiphol

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2017, 12:35 am

Originally Posted by Xandrios
A mate ran into this queuefor Shengen yesterday. Must say that I have never seen it this bad..
Neither did I, the worst I've seen it so far was until between the SkyP entrance and the elevator in front of it.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 1:08 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Another user name to remember
With departure hall 1A officially opened, I reached out to Privium to hear if the P2 bridge will be reopened soon. Looking at the thing last week, the "Friendship Bridge" in Dandong, China, came to mind.

Privium responded: we are investigating if reopening is possible and will inform our members accordingly. Seems they did not considered this at all...
I doubt it. If you attach the bridge now, it is already in the sterile area. The temporary departure hall is planned to stay for 3 years and they said they did not want to alter the set up.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 5:06 am

Originally Posted by Xandrios
A mate ran into this queue for Shengen yesterday. Must say that I have never seen it this bad..

[edit] Why cant i post a link to twitter?

http://upload.xandrios.net/149128646...2008.20.41.png
Absolutely ridiculous.

Can anyone comment on the situation at RTM? Is it this bad? Maybe if KL moved a couple of flights to RTM it would show the Schiphol administration that there are alternatives (I know, very limited ones).
Old Apr 4, 2017, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold

Rotterdam The Hague airport is owned and operated by the Schiphol group.

So I'm not sure that it's an "alternative" in the way you intended...

https://www.schiphol.nl/en/schiphol-...onal-airports/

KLM are unlikely to want to weaken their hub strategy at AMS. Besides - they have Transavia for offering point-to-point flights from the regions.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 9:22 am

Then my question remains: is RTM just as poor, or do they choose only the best and brightest for AMS?
Old Apr 4, 2017, 10:05 am

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
AMS and RTM simply aren't comparable in terms of traffic and passenger volume.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 6:23 am

Programs: FB plat, M&M FT
I am happy to see I wasn't the only passenger surprised at how nice the security check staff at AMS is. Was travelling from AMS back home last weekend and wanted to check if there was something about the security check on this forum and I find this thread.

So, last Sunday, giant queue (and screens showing 35 minutes wait through the check), I'm with my bf, I'm SP so I go to the SP line and the guy standing there tells me in a pretty impolite way that I can use it but not my bf. I'm obviously very much into putting my bf through waiting there alone for 35 minutes while I skip the queue, so I ended up queueing as well. Honestly, though, what is this guy's job if it's not manually letting people in when 'computer says no'? Pretty disappointed cause this is the first time such an accident occurs.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 6:36 am

SP is a personal benefit, while he may have been impolite, he was right in not letting your boyfriend in with you.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by Dominikkk
I am happy to see I wasn't the only passenger surprised at how nice the security check staff at AMS is. Was travelling from AMS back home last weekend and wanted to check if there was something about the security check on this forum and I find this thread.

So, last Sunday, giant queue (and screens showing 35 minutes wait through the check), I'm with my bf, I'm SP so I go to the SP line and the guy standing there tells me in a pretty impolite way that I can use it but not my bf. I'm obviously very much into putting my bf through waiting there alone for 35 minutes while I skip the queue, so I ended up queueing as well. Honestly, though, what is this guy's job if it's not manually letting people in when 'computer says no'? Pretty disappointed cause this is the first time such an accident occurs.
Actually it is a case of "computer says yes", the automatic gates do not check if you are allowed to use SP or not, this is why the agent is there.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by Ditto
Actually it is a case of "computer says yes", the automatic gates do not check if you are allowed to use SP or not, this is why the agent is there.
Not really. The gate showed refusal after scanning my bf's BP.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by mfkne
SP is a personal benefit, while he may have been impolite, he was right in not letting your boyfriend in with you.
Perhaps it is a personal benefit but in a situation where KLM lets you into the lounge with a +1, I find it incoherent and inconsistent that they don't do the same with the security check. We could also check in together without a problem in the SP lane and the SP check in is also a personal benefit, isn't it?
Old Apr 5, 2017, 7:43 am

Lounge access for +1 is a published benefit, access to security for +1 or check-in is not, so you were merely lucky that your +1 was allowed in for priority check-in.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by Dominikkk
Not really. The gate showed refusal after scanning my bf's BP.
Hmm interesting, when I asked at some point why do I need to show someone my BP they said the gate doesn't check for SP, only that you are entering the right place (Schengen vs. Non-Schengen), maybe that has changed since...
Old Apr 5, 2017, 9:56 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Hertz PC
I agree with Dominikkk on this one. I took a +1 several time through SkyP security lanes without any problem even at outstations. (I try to educate those I take with me to be sure they don't delay the priority lane)

I believe that +1 is ok but +2 (which have seen) isn't. Same apply for boarding where I saw once a Gold guesting the whole family into the SkyPriority boarding. I wasn't very happy! :P

I would send a "complaint" to KLM asking for clarification regarding the rule.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 11:57 am

It's quite clear here

Who is eligible for SkyPriority?
SkyTeam Elite Plus members and customers with First and Business Class tickets are eligible for SkyPriority.
There's no ambiguity and no reason to complain or seek clarification it's simply not a documented benefit of SkyPriority. Lounge access (and guest policy) is KLM's thing, and not a SkyPriority benefit, so the comparison doesn't work either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.