FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   KLM Flying Dutchman (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/klm-flying-dutchman-493/)
-   -   Mess in AMS today - up to March 2022 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/klm-flying-dutchman/1821396-mess-ams-today-up-march-2022-a.html)

johan rebel Feb 8, 2020 6:30 am

Originally Posted by Maestro Ramen (Post 32047401)
all of us who fly from there already know the aspire BHX is a health hazard in itself

They serve Mexican beer?

Johan

johan rebel Feb 8, 2020 9:08 am

Anyone interested in upcoming scheduled messes will find them here. Lots of closed runways and taxiways throughout the year.

The most interesting one is the five-week closure of runway 04/22 starting on the 15th of next month.

Johan

johan rebel Feb 8, 2020 3:02 pm

KL has canceled 40 shorthaul flights after 2 p.m. tomorrow.

Johan

Lawrious Feb 8, 2020 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by johan rebel (Post 32048934)
KL has canceled 40 shorthaul flights after 2 p.m. tomorrow.

Johan

Is this the storm Kiera?

Concerto Feb 8, 2020 4:11 pm

I thought it was storm Ciara. Should be fun tomorrow, Sunday, when it really gets going.

Lawrious Feb 9, 2020 1:44 am

Originally Posted by Concerto (Post 32049118)
I thought it was storm Ciara. Should be fun tomorrow, Sunday, when it really gets going.

I only heard the name, so it was a guess on the spelling without googling :p

The _Banking_Scot Feb 9, 2020 3:28 am

Hi,

Lots of fun here in the UK at the moment and at Heathrow so it is heading to Europe next.

Regards

TBS

Concerto Feb 9, 2020 6:11 am

Originally Posted by Lawrious (Post 32050152)
I only heard the name, so it was a guess on the spelling without googling :p

​​​​​​I am a bit confused, because it seems that the storm is called Sabine in some parts of Europe. That's how it's described on the Lufthansa site.

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot (Post 32050327)
Hi,

Lots of fun here in the UK at the moment and at Heathrow so it is heading to Europe next.

Regards

TBS

Here in central London it is very gusty, and heavy rain started about half an hour ago. Bits and branches of trees are coming down and things are being blown over. Would just be an ordinary day if this was Caithness.

johan rebel Feb 9, 2020 6:57 am

Originally Posted by Concerto (Post 32050698)
​​​​​​I am a bit confused, because it seems that the storm is called Sabine in some parts of Europe.

European countries do their own naming, sometimes in consultation with neighboring countries. So much for the European Union.

Quick count shows that KL has now canceled 40 AMS departures, so 80 flights in total. That does include China flights, though.

Johan

Xandrios Feb 9, 2020 8:52 am

I flew across the Atlantic yesterday while the Ciara storm had already kinda started there. Reached ground speeds of just under 1150 KM/h in a B767, landing in AMS an hour early while we had initially departed with a slight delay. Sometimes these storms can be helpful too :p

johan rebel Feb 9, 2020 9:42 am

A BA 744 reached 1322 kph, setting a new JFK-LHR record.

Johan

Concerto Feb 9, 2020 10:30 am

Seemingly made it in 4 hours and 56 minutes from New York to Heathrow.

irishguy28 Feb 9, 2020 2:23 pm

1 Attachment(s)
And an Air Europa flight from MAD-AMS made 3 attempts to land today, before giving up and flying everyone all the way back to MAD...

https://nos.nl/artikel/2322344-vlieg...in-paniek.html

Concerto Feb 9, 2020 3:33 pm

Oh help, another two bonus hours of nonexistent service on AirEuropa! Sure glad I wasn't on that flight.

Maestro Ramen Feb 9, 2020 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by Concerto (Post 32052579)
Oh help, another two bonus hours of nonexistent service on AirEuropa! Sure glad I wasn't on that flight.

What do you mean. Looks like everyone om that flight got plenty of the free screams and wailing service!!!