Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to change frequent flyer number in KLM booking?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2017, 10:24 am
Original Poster

How to change frequent flyer number in KLM booking?

I had booked a KLM ticket, and I would like to earn Alaska Mileage instead of KLM points. How can I change my frequent flyer number to Alaska Mileage? When I logged in using the booking code, it showed the frequent flyer number by default, but seems like there is no way to change it.

Any idea? Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Change it at checkin.

but don't be surprised if the miles still go to KLM.

In future, don't give the number when booking and don't book from a logged-in account.

It is always easier to add, than to replace, an FFP number.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 2:59 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Hertz PC
You can ask the team on twitter or FB to do it. They usually do that right quite quickly.
Old Mar 5, 2023, 2:55 am

Originally Posted by lingecw
I had booked a KLM ticket, and I would like to earn Alaska Mileage instead of KLM points. How can I change my frequent flyer number to Alaska Mileage? When I logged in using the booking code, it showed the frequent flyer number by default, but seems like there is no way to change it.

Any idea? Thanks in advance.
I had this same issue. I've been trying to figure it out. I have no clue how my WestJet membership was linked to the KLM account. I know for a 'fact' I did not share my WestJet #. Now I can't seem to change it. I literally just booked my KLM flights and downloaded the app and voila! My WestJet # was already there. I don't understand how this even happens. Even so, why can't you change it prior to Flight anyway on app? I don't get it.
Old Mar 11, 2023, 5:07 am

Programs: BA Silver/KL Silver/SQ Silver/AZ Premium
You can remove a FF number on a KLM booking via Manage my booking at the Garuda Indonesia website.
danukraine likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.