Wiki Posts
Search

Dutch Planespotters Website

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2015, 10:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Petroleum, BA Exec Club
Dutch Planespotters Website

I found the website below which I am finding useful and thought I'd share.

http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

It's handy to check where your aircraft is coming from and if it is on time. FOr example if I was on KL1442 from ABZ to AMS at 9.05am then I could see that the tail number is PH-KZR. Search for this finds the first flight of the day is KL1750 from Bremen. As you can see if arrived early and subsequant flights all on time. It can flag up an early warning that your flight may be delayed.

It also gives delay stats along with runway useage for AMS if that is of interest to anyone.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
The airframe scheduled to operate your flight is available within "My Trip" from several days before your flight, and on the Schiphol website too, closer to your departure.

On the day of travel (remember to check for late substitutions), a Google search / FR24 search (etc) will show the location of this particular aircraft. Of course, if it is delayed/gone tech, and you are departing from Amsterdam, you may end up on a substituted airframe.

The Schiphol website (for AMS departures) or local airport website (for out stations) will almost always be the fastest source for up to date departure information, particularly when your flight is delayed.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 4:56 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum for Life, AccorLiveLimitless Platinum, Qatar Airways Gold
If you want to look up your planes reg.# use the Schiphol app and not my trip from KLM. KLM always shows the wrong reg# (sometimes from a complete different model aircraft) and Schiphol is always correct.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 5:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Petroleum, BA Exec Club
I still find the site useful as FR24 and Flight Aware for example don't list (as far as I can see) future flights for each airframe? For example if I am on KL1559 from AMS to Turin at 20.50 tonight I can find out PH-KZO is delayed currently via FR24/Google and due in to AMS at 13.18 instead of 11.35. What I can't see on FR24 / Flight Aware (correct me if I'm wrong) is where PH-KZO is due to go between now and then. Using the site mentioned above (Which I've nothing to do with incidentally) I can see easily by Ctrl+F for PH-KZO that it's due to go to Stavanger, KL1201 then back to AMS on KL1202 then on to Brussels and back on KL1731 and KL1732 before going on to Turin.

Currently Schiphol site is showing KL1559 as expected departure of 20:50 with no delay and still PH-KZO but going by the data it's unlikely this will be the case.

Last edited by ABZLocal; Jan 10, 2015 at 5:14 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.