Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Klm / kl0605 / ams - sfo / 25sep14

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2014, 12:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: Air France/KLM FB-GOLD, Ethiad Guests GOLD, HHonors DIAMOND, Lufthansa Miles&More
Klm / kl0605 / ams - sfo / 25sep14

Dear all,

Who can tell me which Business Class seats (seat numbers) are not occupied on this flight at present?

My tickets (2) have been changed to KL but I can not pre book any seat.

Many thanks.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 2:53 am

Programs: FB Plat & DL KM, Le Club Plat, GHA Plat, HHonors Diamond
Have you tried to make a dummy booking of your flights? At one stage your will be offered to choose seats and the current seat map will be displayed.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 3:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Evert
but I can not pre book any seat.
I just had a look on ExpertFlyer, and although I can see the Economy Class seating map, the Business Class seating map returns: There was an error message from the airline when trying to retrieve this seat map: AIRPORT CHECKIN ONLY

As it's too early for airport checkin to be active, this means the airline has blocked access to the seatmap for some reason. The seatmap for the days after, and before, are accessible (and quite busy! on the day after, there are no 2 seats free together).

More bad news - it looks like the J cabin on your flight may be oversold. Here are the seats remaining for sale, according to Expertflyer - 0 right across J.

KL () 605
Stops: 0
Depart: AMS 25/09/14 9:50
Arrive: SFO 25/09/14 11:45
Aircraft: 744
Frequency: Daily
Reliability: 55% / 48m
Available Classes: J0 C0 D0 I0 Z0 Y9 B9 M9 U9 K9 H9 L9 Q9 T9 E0 N6 R2 V0 G0

Who moved you to this flight? I would advise you to ring this agent immediately, get them to look at the flight (ask for seat assignments, for example) and let them see that the flight is full. However, just because they can assign you a seat does not necessarily guarantee that you would not be the ones bumped in the case of overbooking. You may require further rebooking - and ringing KLM is probably not the way to achieve that, seeing as this does not appear to be a KLM ticket.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 5:12 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
On what flight were you then? DL via XXX?
Old Sep 19, 2014, 6:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: Air France/KLM FB-GOLD, Ethiad Guests GOLD, HHonors DIAMOND, Lufthansa Miles&More
Was on AMS-CDG-SFO but the news about the strike does not sound that good. AF Pilots announced to strike another couple of days. So to avoid AF we requested oursleves to get re-booked. At the point of booking 7 seats in Business where still available.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 4:00 pm

It seems that the seatmap is not available while making a dummy booking. This might be an indication that the flight is oversold in business class (though I'm not 100% sure).
Seat availability indicates that there is just one seat left in C.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.