Search

JFK-AMS-TXL then PRG-JFK

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2014, 2:40 pm
Original Poster

JFK-AMS-TXL then PRG-JFK

hi all

i am planning to make the trip in late august and i have 2 choices:

i am only concerned about the transatlantic leg of the trip. based on your experience, which is a better choice in terms of comfort and overall experience. also, i have delta skymiles but earning miles is not the most important criteria. i will be flying economy.

choice 1: (delta operated by KLM except for the last leg operated by DL)

JFK-AMS
KL640 (Airbus A330-200)

AMS-TXL
KL1821

PRG-JFK (767-400ER)

choice 2: (lufthansa)

JFK-FRA
LH401 (Airbus A380-800)

FRA-TXL
LH170

PRA-FRA
LH1397

FRA-JFK
LH401 (747-400)

both itineraries have almost the same departure times and layover (1.5 hours)

cost difference is about US$60 being LH higher

any thoughts and advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
m
Old Jun 28, 2014, 2:49 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Swings and roundabouts...the two are invariably comparable service and comfort wise.

With no theoretical allegiance to a FF programme I would choose the LH option purely because I'm a massive geek and an A380 and B744 in the same itinerary tickles my fancy.
Old Jun 28, 2014, 4:04 pm
Original Poster

would you mind elaborating on the geek factor on a A380 and B747 combination? i am intrigued.

Originally Posted by Schwann
Swings and roundabouts...the two are invariably comparable service and comfort wise.

With no theoretical allegiance to a FF programme I would choose the LH option purely because I'm a massive geek and an A380 and B744 in the same itinerary tickles my fancy.
Old Jun 29, 2014, 5:23 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Cross posted in the DL Forum.
Old Jun 29, 2014, 11:41 am

Programs: Delta 2M DM, Southwest A List and CP
LH and KL/DL have very comparable products, particularly in economy, so I would just go with the cheapest and most direct option.
Old Jun 29, 2014, 2:02 pm

Programs: AF/KL Plat, AA Plat, HH Diamond
If that matters to you, KL offers a nice economy comfort section (more recline and legroom), but you have to pay extra for it unless you have elite status.
Old Jul 3, 2014, 2:07 pm

Programs: KLM FB, BA EC, Miles&Mafia, Delta SM, Mile High Club
Go for Lufthansa. The extra connection sucks, but anything's better than having to endure PRG-JFK on Delta metal. Especially economy on their 767s...

And you avoid paying Delta $5 for bottles of booze so small that you need tweezers and a microscope to handle them. Lufthansa hands 'em out for free as long as you don't look too drunk.
Old Jul 3, 2014, 2:32 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Diabo
Go for Lufthansa. The extra connection sucks, but anything's better than having to endure PRG-JFK on Delta metal. Especially economy on their 767s...

And you avoid paying Delta $5 for bottles of booze so small that you need tweezers and a microscope to handle them. Lufthansa hands 'em out for free as long as you don't look too drunk.
Wrong. Liquor is free on DL too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.