Wiki Posts
Search

Reserving seats on KL flights with non-KL nrs

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2014, 11:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FlyingBlue Plat
Reserving seats on KL flights with non-KL nrs

Recently, I started flying my usual route PRG-AMS on flights operated by KL, but sold under OK flight numbers and on OK stock.

Is there a way to reserve seats in advance?

KL website doesn't offer the possibility and OK does not provide seat reservations in Economy in advance. What's worse, when checking in on the OK website, I cannot even change the assigned seat - it's possible only at the counter in PRG (in outstations, 'the whole plane is blocked out' - in the words of check-in staff).
Old Jun 17, 2014, 2:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
If you mean that the KLM website doesn't allow you to look up your reservation, and to select seats [and I really don't see why it wouldn't], then no, there is no other way to have seats assigned.

Presumably you book these flights this way because they are cheaper than buying them from KLM?

This sounds more like an OK-specific query, though.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 3:36 am
Original Poster

There is no prob looking up the reservation on the KL website (it even shows in my FB profile). But it does not allow advance seat selection.

I'm booking those tickets via OK, because I usually connect in PRG from another origin. KL either does not serve those (even with code-share) or their code share tickets are triple the price of OK's tickets...
Old Jun 17, 2014, 3:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ok986
There is no prob looking up the reservation on the KL website (it even shows in my FB profile). But it does not allow advance seat selection.
You have booked "normal" KLM tickets in the past, and successfully selected seats before?

I'm just surprised that you can see your booking but the functionality has been disabled...

or their code share tickets are triple the price of OK's tickets...
But then again it's a small price to pay for such a big saving.

Still, if OK doesn't allow you to select seats in advance, it seems appropriate that you cannot select seats in advance for any OK flight even if it is operated by another carrier.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 3:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by irishguy28
But then again it's a small price to pay for such a big saving.

Still, if OK doesn't allow you to select seats in advance, it seems appropriate that you cannot select seats in advance for any OK flight even if it is operated by another carrier.
Fair point. What bugs me the most, however, is the inability to select seat at OLCI or check-in in an outstation. The system assigns 25E, and the only hope is that by the time one reaches the gate in PRG, there are some alternatives left...
Old Jun 17, 2014, 4:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Who handles the OLCI for such tickets? OK?
Old Jun 17, 2014, 4:19 am
Original Poster

Yes, as it is an OK-coded flight...

KL OLCI recognizes the ticket but refuses to proceed, returning the message "check-in for your flight is not yet open"
Old Jun 17, 2014, 4:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It certainly looks like KLM are (whether off their own bat, or at the request of OK) restricting holders of OK tickets from being able to do normal procedures (check in, seat assignment) on their website.

Just out of curiosity - does KLM allow you to buy an Economy Comfort seat on such a ticket??? Perhaps if money is involved they will take it...
Old Jun 17, 2014, 5:36 am
Original Poster

Just out of curiosity - does KLM allow you to buy an Economy Comfort seat on such a ticket??? Perhaps if money is involved they will take it...
Nope, but the staff is happy to give out seats that are normally paid for free. I was reseated to an emergency exit seat.

BTW, KL doesn't handle OK in AMS, and OK does not handle KL in PRG (done by Menzies).
Old Jun 17, 2014, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

But what about the KLM website? Does it not want to sell you an Economy Comfort seat? So there is no ability to pick a seat, even if you indicate that you are willing to pay for one?
Old Jun 17, 2014, 7:38 am
Original Poster

But what about the KLM website? Does it not want to sell you an Economy Comfort seat? So there is no ability to pick a seat, even if you indicate that you are willing to pay for one?
This is the screenshot of what I'm getting when checking my booking at the KLM web (I removed my name)
Old Jun 17, 2014, 8:23 am

Programs: A number, but no status no more
Hi,

In such a case, I've been able to get the KLM Facebook team to change my seat (although on a DL-coded KLM flight).

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Old Jun 17, 2014, 11:54 am

Programs: Delta 2M DM, Southwest A List and CP
Also, you may be able to change your seat on airfrance.com; I have done that before when klm.com just gave me the seat assignment but not the option to change it.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 11:54 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold, FB Silver, BA Silver, AMB PC Plat Amb, CX Gold, Hertz 5*,HH Gold,AClub Plat
Yes, as it is an OK-coded flight...

KL OLCI recognizes the ticket but refuses to proceed, returning the message "check-in for your flight is not yet open"
I get this all the time for my PRG-AMS flights......try using the iPhone/iPad (or whatever you might have) App.......works for me all the time when the normal website gives the above message...
Old Jun 18, 2014, 4:13 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, AB Platinum :( , AS 50K, Hilton Diamon, Marriott Gold, IHG Diamond AMB
Yep just contact KLMs Twitter or FB team and they will be able to assign seats as long as it's KL operated. Done this a few times with AZ coded KL op flights. Did once call and had a very unhelpful person insist that it was impossible but the Twitter team have never had any issue getting it done for me.

Codeshares are a real pain though (on all carriers imho) but this way at least you get some say in the seat you'll be sat in ahead of OLCI albeit not the full seat map you'd get if it were KL coded.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.