Community
Wiki Posts
Search

KLM 747-400 77A or 1K?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2018, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Hollandair
Its very unlikely for that seat to stay empy. Assume it will be filled.
Especially given that GetSetJetSet's post is over five years old!

Johan
glennhaak likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by TheHorta
KLM B774 NBO>AMS this February. I've NEVER been on any 747, and this could be our one-and-only experience, so I want to make it a good one.

1A / 4A / 4E "Kirk" are all available on Lower Deck, ALL of Row 77 is available on Upper Deck.

While we'd be able to sit together on the UD / R77, that's not important -- we're coming up on 30 years together in May, so we can fly a few feet apart, and we'll probably try to sleep most of the trip as the flight departs NBO at 11:59 PM local time.

Cast your votes, list your reasons. I love the idea of 1A/4A, but the Upper Deck is calling to me as well, and I'm literally 50/50 on this.

Maybe we each pick one lower and one upper and switch mid-flight?

1A & 4A, best seats on the 744.

Failing this 4A & 4E close enough and both single seats but 4A is better.

The upper deck has the supposed "exclusive feel" but I prefer the lower deck nose section and the single seats are way better.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 11:13 am

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Originally Posted by Airframe
1A & 4A, best seats on the 744.

Failing this 4A & 4E close enough and both single seats but 4A is better.

The upper deck has the supposed "exclusive feel" but I prefer the lower deck nose section and the single seats are way better.
We changed flights and were able to get a KLM 744 on both AMS>NBO>AMS legs, so I did what I think is the best of both worlds. AMS>NBO is a daytime flight, so I picked 4A for wife (she likes the window) and 4E for me, because I'm a control freak and can see myself barking orders to my crew from 4E.

NBO>AMS is 77A/B because it's a midnight departure flight and I've read consistently that the upper deck is noticeably more quiet for sleeping.

Pretty pumped to be on my first-ever 747, and likely my last-ever. Sweet sorrow.
Wunk likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 8:19 am
Used to be guidogh

Programs: FB Ultimate, Hertz Platinum, Star Aliiance Gold
Originally Posted by johan rebel
Especially given that GetSetJetSet's post is over five years old!

Johan
lol, better be helpfull late than never right..?
Old Jan 3, 2019, 9:09 pm

Programs: KL-PEFL
Originally Posted by Meneer Guggenheimer
Dayflight 1A
nightight upper

love the view from the first row during take off.

enjoy the 747. I will miss them!
Yep - me too: but got 1A on 7 Feb ICN-AMS ... flown this route for 20 years and this may be the last on a 747?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.