Search

Confirmed: KLM introduces Economy Comfort short-haul

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2012, 2:14 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Press release: KLM biedt Economy Comfort op Europese vluchten

Last edited by KLflyerRalph; Oct 23, 2012 at 9:57 am Reason: edited link
Old Oct 22, 2012, 3:08 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
Thanks for the link

Interesting to see on certain Fokker flights the Europe Business class goes up to row 10 (!)
Old Oct 22, 2012, 3:52 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Confirmed: KLM introduces Economy Comfort short-haul

And it says EC will offer powerports. (source: zakenreisnieuws.nl)
Old Oct 22, 2012, 3:58 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
And it says EC will offer powerports. (source: zakenreisnieuws.nl)
Yes, but that is not different than the current situation, as all seats in the flexible Business class zone have power ports.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 8:27 am

Ok, time to try *A... as a Dutchman I regret this so damn much because with FBG I feel like being home in KL planes. Especially all my many flights in Europe. But now it feels like family is making me to pay for all kind of things in what used to be my own house.

Wanted to try Lufthansa long ago, now it's time to search for better treatment.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by cyatheaceae
Ok, time to try *A... as a Dutchman I regret this so damn much because with FBG I feel like being home in KL planes. Especially all my many flights in Europe. But now it feels like family is making me to pay for all kind of things in what used to be my own house.
I'm not sure that's the best metaphor....unless your family charges you a minimum of €98 return (plus booking fee) every time you walk in the front door...
Old Oct 22, 2012, 9:52 am
ixs

Programs: Many
So I just tested the system a bit with a flight in December.

Generally: I like it. As a PE flyer I am able to reserve my seats in advance in the whole plane (minus C seats of course) and I am also able to select exit row now but change back to a regular seat as well.

That wasn't possible before.

The big problem I see however is how a full flight will be handled. In the past what happened was that at CheckIn people would just be put into the middle seat front to back. If they continue doing that, their EC seating will be seating unhappy passengers pretty quickly.

Really looking forward to seeing how many people will be sitting in front of the exit row from now on. So far, the exit rows have been conspicuously empty on many of my flights...
Old Oct 22, 2012, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ixs
As a PE flyer I am able to reserve my seats in advance in the whole plane (minus C seats of course)
Really?

So howcome I am still restricted to the single EER? Just tried again, and all the other seats in the entire aircraft are unavailable to me.

Johan
Old Oct 22, 2012, 4:32 pm
ixs

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by johan rebel
So howcome I am still restricted to the single EER? Just tried again, and all the other seats in the entire aircraft are unavailable to me.
Under normal circumstances I'd say it's just because they hate you but I checked again:

Around noon today I was able to select seats on the whole plane. Even after I chose the exit row.

Now that I have checked again all I have is the exit row or the comfort zone. No regular seats available as ASR...

Hmpf.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 2:05 am

For FBgold this is very bad & completely unreasonable. My usual AMS-BCN now costs suddenly 30 euro extra unless I want to hurt my knees like any other airline. Just realised that's up to 30% price increase!
Old Oct 23, 2012, 2:14 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, ALL Silver
Originally Posted by ixs
As a PE flyer I am able to reserve my seats in advance in the whole plane (minus C seats of course) and I am also able to select exit row now but change back to a regular seat as well.

That wasn't possible before.
Isn't this available for all now (bar the different pricing)?

This is just great

I love the fact that I have forked out to mainly fly KLM as my chosen airline for the last 4-5 years (together with AF) and then I get the opportunity to pay even more for seats I have had for free before. Poor show
Old Oct 23, 2012, 4:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Cupart
Isn't this available for all now (bar the different pricing)?
No.

Except for a brief window when ixs claims to have had a full selection of seats to choose from, Platinums can currently only select from the limited range of paid-but-free-for-Platinum seats.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 5:09 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Well it seems clear that we have two separate parties here: PE and Zilver/Gold Elite members.

For PE members the system in generally an improvement: Fewer people having access to the best seats (Which PE members get for free). Many more chances for an empty middle seat.

For Gold members it is a huge downgrade. Like said above, 30 euro extra roundtrip is a 30% price hike on some routes. A very important Elite benefit has become paid.

I would advice all Gold members to send in a complaint to KLM. I did and told them I have booked a high number of roundtrips recently (Alitalia sale O-)), based on the fact that I would receive my Elite benefits, including access to the Select Seating rows. They cannot revoke this benefit without notice, as the ticket purchases were based on the fact that these would be available to me. And it is up to them to find a solution for this.

Not sure if it would yield any results, but I guess we will see. And the more complaints the better.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 5:58 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, FB Silver, BA Silver, AMB PC Plat Amb, CX Gold, Hertz 5*,HH Gold,AClub Plat
Wow....careful....for a new booking, it defaulted me into the last row on both legs.....thanks FB!
Old Oct 23, 2012, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ixs
Under normal circumstances I'd say it's just because they hate you.

Johan

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.