Wiki Posts
Search

how to complain to klm?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2012, 10:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: flying blue platinum aeroflot gold china airlines gold SPG platinum
how to complain to klm?

I have been trying to send klm a complaint about a freak inflight accident. I called their customer service line and the lady who spoke great english told me unless i am a dutch resident she cant process my complaint ALL COMPLAINTS MUST BE DONE IN WRITING through website portal which keeps giving me error messages.
I am not a eu resident and ticket was bought in taiwan called taiwan klm nothing either because i am not a resident of taiwan i have to call australia klm as i am australian flew from LHR-AMS offered to go to amsterdam office to lodge complaint in person not possible says klm customer care. Help
Old Aug 30, 2012, 11:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HH Gold, AA Lifetime Gold, United Silver, BA Gold
how to complain to klm?

Why don't you just write a complaint and send it by Postal Mail (Snail Mail). It will save you a lot of aggravation.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 12:51 am
Original Poster

But to who? And where as i know they just have to say they never received it or they got lost to different department i got 1st degree burns from hot coffee the bursar of the flight said he will get back to me. I have currently 3 elite status with three skyteam airlines never have i had a problem lodging a complaint even aeroflot and china airlines i just go to head office and someyone takes down my details and i get an official apology in writing. Klm dont do face to face i cant even do that.
"Sorry boiling hot coffee on your foot thats ok take it like a man walk it off"
Every step i take hurts and i can't go swim ruined my holiday as for "we will get back to you"yeah pigs will fly.
The wounds healing ok but at least an apology and thats what inflight incidence reports are for
Old Aug 31, 2012, 1:10 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
Originally Posted by antonskyteam
But to who? And where as i know they just have to say they never received it or they got lost to different department i got 1st degree burns from hot coffee the bursar of the flight said he will get back to me. I have currently 3 elite status with three skyteam airlines never have i had a problem lodging a complaint even aeroflot and china airlines i just go to head office and someyone takes down my details and i get an official apology in writing. Klm dont do face to face i cant even do that.
Every step i take hurts and i can't go swim ruined my holiday as for "we will get back to you"yeah pigs will fly.
The wounds healing ok but at least an apology and thats what inflight incidence reports are for
If you have Facebook try posting your experience there. They are normally quite quick with responding.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 2:01 am

Programs: ❶❷ ใจ ± ♪♪♪ 7¾³ © ™
I have problems using the online form when using IE but no problem when using Chrome, I have just sent one

Your message was sent successfully.
You will receive shortly an acknowledgement to: [email protected].

If you do not receive this message within the day, the email address you entered may be incorrect. In that case please post again your request.

Maybe its the same for you, good luck.

The above email is not a real one! It was changed to protect me from spam.

Last edited by Andy49; Sep 1, 2012 at 11:30 pm Reason: Add email info
Old Aug 31, 2012, 3:23 am
Original Poster

I do remember a few weeks ago when this all happened klm went through a complete system upgrade when i was complaing at the lounge they said there is nothing they could do for me but use the e complaints form online and they told me it might be buggy.i tried again on ie last week same error message. Whats the world come to when a customer has to use facebook to communicate with the airlines complaints department? Looks like i should just file an assault complaint with the dutch police but the flight originated from london not sure which police to go to. Tried customer care deparment going to legal next.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 5:24 am

Programs: *A Gold, BA Silver, Avis President, Hertz President circle
Looks like i should just file an assault complaint with the dutch police but the flight originated from london not sure which police to go to.
I think you should try the counter terrosim department at Intepol, or perhaps the human rights department at the UN, they should lock up the CEO of KLM for ever!

Come on, a stewardess spilt by accident a bit of hotwater on your foot and you can't swim properly, and you consider waisting police on the other side of the world for it !

Last edited by ELAL; Aug 31, 2012 at 5:56 am
Old Aug 31, 2012, 5:48 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, ALL Silver
i got 1st degree burns from hot coffee the bursar of the flight said he will get back to me. I have currently 3 elite status with three skyteam airlines never have i had a problem lodging a complaint even aeroflot and china airlines i just go to head office and someyone takes down my details and i get an official apology in writing. Klm dont do face to face i cant even do that.
Hey... Hold your horses here for a second...

What exactly is it you want to get out of this exercise? An apology in writing? Is that all, or do you want to pull the hot-coffee-burning-I'm-going-to-sue-you-for-millions trick out of the bag. I'm sure the person who served you the coffee, and was (un)fortunate enough to spill some on your bare feet did apologize and do what (s)he could do to make it right there and then.

If you already hold three top tier ST status' you should be counting yourself lucky that nothing more has happened during all those hours of flying.

This said, I wasn't there so I don't know how bad your burn was, and I know how painful it can be to get boiling hot water (actually coffee should never be over 92 dgrs C at sea level) poured over bare skin. So, if you then was not able to go swimming after the burn, you would be able to present a doctors note (which you got because of the unbearable pain and suffering) and claim from your accident/travel insurance instead of wasting your time trying to get your "apology" from KLM (don't think the suing road is going to work tbh)

Anyway, don't know if its a Russian (I assume?) way of solving problems which you are referring to (i.e. turning up at a complaints window at the local gum department store) but the times I have sent complaints either via snail mail or through their web site I have always received a satisfactory answer and within a short period of time ^ If you use the search thingy you will actually find a few addresses you can send your complaint to...

All in all, I'm very confused reading your post(s)

PS. It would be a little easier to understand what you're trying to say if you used proper punctuation
Old Aug 31, 2012, 5:55 am

Programs: *A Gold, BA Silver, Avis President, Hertz President circle
I have currently 3 elite status with three skyteam airlines
Wouldn't it make more sense to become platinum with one ST member rather then 3x silver/gold with 3 members?

Regarding a upgrade on KL your chances would defiantly be much higher that way.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 6:06 am
Original Poster

Somebody didnt secure the trolley or the trolley malfunctioned one passenger got upper left half of body all burnt on arrival there was no emergency staff or medical staff to assiston arrival at AMS. usually if there is a sick or injured passenger they disembark first and are met with ground staff the accident happened just after takeoff so 30 minutes is more then enough time to alert the authorities the injured passenger was left on the plane while passengers all walked by. Protocol was not followed and having boiling hot beverage soaking your shoes is not pleasant. Not being given a proper apology is also not correct so please dont judge until you get the whole picture.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 6:22 am
Original Poster

What i want

klm to improve their customer complaint system which is like a bureaucratic ping pong currently.face to face would be nice

Make sure if an accident happens on the plane emergency staff is waiting at the gate on arrival and protocols are followed

A proper written apology and assurances this wont happen again

Nothing more really i am not sueing them i know accidents happen its simply to raise awareness.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
At least you were wearing shoes, and presumably, socks. It could have been far worse were you wearing just thongs!

The web interface works (see post #5 above), but you may need to try a different browser and/or a different computer. If you're travelling, try a friend's/acquaintance's computer, or pop into an internet cafe.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 8:46 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
- How do you know 'protocol'?
- How can they assure an accident not on purpose cannot happen anymore?
- You want to Skype with KL?

If you are really FB Plat, send tge conplaint via Flying Blue. It should than even have higher priority.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 9:27 am
Original Poster

When there is a medical emergency it is standard protocol to have medical services meet at arrival thats from other klm bursars i have spoken when i told them what happened. As for flying blue as i know they are not responsible for customrr service as flying blue is an indepandant subsidery of AFKLM and only deals with miles earning and redemption their head office is in france. As for skype if you can provide me the handle i will call
i will rephrase my last post. I want KLM to investigate and try to find a way to limit in fututre the probability of such accidents from occuring
such as serving hot drinks one by one from the galley yes its more work but an idea
Old Aug 31, 2012, 9:42 am
Original Poster

May i remind everyone this post was meant to find the best way to make a complaint as i have been playing ping pong with different customer relations centers of KLM i hope this highlights to KLM that its necessary to centralise customer service and to update i have spoken to flying blue they said its not their problem they are a seperate entity

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.