Community
Wiki Posts
Search

KLM started code sharing with Westjet

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2011, 2:14 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
KLM started code sharing with Westjet

KLM starting 26SEP11 will begin codesharing with Canadian carrier WestJet, becoming the First European carrier to place its code on WestJet’s Domestic service, gaining access to additional 10 cities in Canada.

Flight number range is KL8000 – 8050 and KL8300 – 8339 series.

Codeshare routes are:

Calgary – Abbotsford
Calgary – Comox
Calgary – Edmonton
Calgary – Kelowna
Calgary – Montreal
Calgary – Ottawa
Calgary – Regina
Calgary – Saskatoon
Calgary – Vancouver
Calgary – Victoria
Calgary – Winnipeg
Montreal – Edmonton
Montreal – Winnipeg
Toronto – Calgary
Toronto – Edmonton
Toronto – Edmonton – Kelowna
Toronto – Halifax
Toronto – Kelowna
Toronto – Montreal
Toronto – Ottawa
Toronto – Regina
Toronto – Saskatoon
Toronto – Thunder Bay – Winnipeg
Toronto – Winnipeg
Vancouver – Edmonton
Vancouver – Kelowna
Vancouver – Ottawa
Vancouver – Prince George
Vancouver – Regina
Vancouver – Winnipeg
Source
Old Mar 31, 2016, 1:37 pm

Has anyone on here had FB miles credited for KL coded/marketed flights operated by WestJet? Last week I travelled on one, got no FB miles, whereas before the flight actually occurred, my itinerary on KLM's website showed that I would receive a certain amount of miles for the flight.

The KLM website itself indicates that FB miles will not be earned on WestJet flights.

I'll ask about this at the desk in the Crown lounge on my next visit but was kind of curious as to any experience others may have.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
All KL-coded flights earn miles, regardless of operator.

Can you explain a bit further?

What did your boarding pass say/show for your Westjet flight?
Has the flight shown up in your Flying Blue account, or is it just that it hasn't posted yet?

I will grant you that the KLM/FB website is woeful; according to the website the flight has to be operated by KLM and marketed as KL, AF or Skyteam.

In practice, all KL-coded flights earn.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 2:59 pm

The electronic boarding pass that was emailed to me after doing OLCI has a KL flight number on it.

The printed boarding pass that I got at the airport had the WestJet flight number on it (this BP has all 3 legs of my trip on it).

It hasn't shown up as a flight in my FB account, where as the 2 KL operated legs showed up within a couple of days. Perhaps I should just be more patient?
Old Apr 1, 2016, 2:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Until it shows up as a zero-earning flight (and the only KL-coded flights I have ever seen to show up this way are redemptions - see below) then you cannot say that you have not received the miles.

The fact that your boarding pass shows a WestJet flight number may, however, count against you.

If you are passing through the Crown Lounge soon, then I would sit with an FB agent. But be sure to bring your original ticket, showing that this was bought as a KLM ticket; also show your boarding pass.

Alternately, perhaps doing a retroclaim on the website might be enough; you could then seek assistance in the Crown Lounge if this doesn't work.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 11:49 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
It is now also possible to earn FB miles when flying WestJet.

In the next phase, to be implemented by the end of 2017, will allow members to spend miles on WestJet.

(The deal is reciprocal, so same applies for WestJet members)
Old Jun 26, 2019, 12:17 pm

Programs: Flying Blue
Hi all, tried searching for this, but could only find this thread.

I've booked a trip in J on the route AMS-YVR-OGG in December, all on KL flight numbers. During the booking KL said there's no J class available on the last leg (YVR-OGG) so they've charged me for Y (it shows as actual Y on the booking too). Fine, although a long flight... But for the return, they mention this is in world business class (Z), but my research shows there's only 737-800s operating on this route which have no business cabin on board. I'm thinking they should have sold me eco on the return leg (OGG-YVR) instead of business, correct?

More interestingly, I got assigned seats for YVR-OGG in row 4 (Eco) and for OGG-YVR in row 3 (premium eco). Does this premium eco count as business? I guess not... Looking for anyone with experience on this route or similar structure with KL & WS to see what I can expect...
Old Jun 27, 2019, 10:30 am

Programs: skyteam
Originally Posted by r0gerthat
Hi all, tried searching for this, but could only find this thread.

I've booked a trip in J on the route AMS-YVR-OGG in December, all on KL flight numbers. During the booking KL said there's no J class available on the last leg (YVR-OGG) so they've charged me for Y (it shows as actual Y on the booking too). Fine, although a long flight... But for the return, they mention this is in world business class (Z), but my research shows there's only 737-800s operating on this route which have no business cabin on board. I'm thinking they should have sold me eco on the return leg (OGG-YVR) instead of business, correct?

More interestingly, I got assigned seats for YVR-OGG in row 4 (Eco) and for OGG-YVR in row 3 (premium eco). Does this premium eco count as business? I guess not... Looking for anyone with experience on this route or similar structure with KL & WS to see what I can expect...

You can expect a W premium economy product, they are also currently refitting their fleet with 2x2 premium economy style seating, on the fleet without this, it will be European style business class but with more legroom 3 x 3 seating. The catering and service is very good however.

Old Jun 28, 2019, 1:21 am

Programs: Flying Blue
Thanks for the reply, looks great!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.