Wiki Posts
Search

Finally: the KLM app

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2010, 11:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Finally: the KLM app

I waited since June for this and searched daily in the appstore for it. But just read in the Flying Dutchman that there's a new KLM app.
Just looked it up and perfect timing on KLM's part. First impression is pretty good. Clear but with few functions in comparisation to e.g. AA or DL's app. Check in will be available from next month (correct me if wrong plz). Furthermore you can check your FB account, schedules, flight status and manage your booking.
Here's the link: http://itunes.apple.com/nl/app/klm/id391732065?mt=8

Ralph
Old Sep 17, 2010, 1:28 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Im a bit disappointed; its basically a wrapper around their webpage at the moment. After logging in with my FB # it didnt offer easier navigation around - I still have to enter booking refs for vairous functions (While those are stored at my FB profile).
Old Sep 17, 2010, 11:31 am

Programs: Many
See also : http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-f...available.html
Old Sep 20, 2010, 1:01 am

Programs: FlyingBlue, TheCard, ClubCarlson
But no sign of a link for Blackberry version ?!
Old Sep 20, 2010, 3:49 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Martijn
But no sign of a link for Blackberry version ?!
Of course not !!

It's all part of this big conspiracy by the i-Apple crowd to further colonize / monopolize the World Wide Web.

I don't understand why the airlines should play along with this.

Every other airline = Another i-app ??

Doesn't make sense to me !!

I'm sure there must be other ways to make this work...

Plus I can't see why they spend time and effort on these 'closed' Apple-applications, if in many airports (including some of the lounges like DEL) pax can't even get proper 'open' WIFI-access.

i-Apps are not a craze. They're an outright attack on the open worldwide web!!

It might look like a cheap way for the airlines to make themselves look good... and trendy and modern.

But in the end, I think they won't bring much added value for the customer/passenger.

As I've said: i-Apps are a great tool for the big corporations to try to colonize the online market.

Why else do you think that it is, that RIM / Blackberry has come under so much attack of lately?? Because they're dangerous items, that are used by terrorists??

If we don't resist this i-App crap, pretty soon all we'll be allowed to take onboard will be i-app compliant electronic devices, that can be controlled by the airlines and monitored by the secret police, so they know what you're doing, and which websites you're visiting, and what's in your mail, and how they can get that extra buck (say: extra taxes and surcharges) out of your pocket, whilst making sure the market stays closed to the competition.

IMVHO: i-apps = corporate fascism

my 2cts

Last edited by gleff; Oct 21, 2010 at 4:24 am Reason: removed title at mod's request
Old Sep 20, 2010, 4:45 am

Most apps are merely wrappers around web pages. Those apps are as safe as that webpage. If you don't trust the world wide web, don't use it. And that includes all apps, whether those apps are developed for iOS, Android or Blackberry.
Old Sep 20, 2010, 5:16 am

Programs: FlyingBlue, TheCard, ClubCarlson
I'm more suprised that FB communicate about the app (blackberry app) on both internet (http://www.klm.com/travel/gb_en/plan..._app/index.htm) and their magazine, and it's nowhere to be downloaded ?
Old Sep 23, 2010, 10:34 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, ALL Silver, IHG Gold, RH VIP
Originally Posted by maeharasmuse
Of course not !!

It's all part of this big conspiracy by the i-Apple crowd to further colonize / monopolize the World Wide Web.
Or just like Microsoft is ruling the PC market or Google taking over the actual web and don't get me started on Facebook

I honestly don't understand the rant.

I believe most people did fine without any KL/AF app's for either the iPod Touch/iPhone and/or their BlackBerry before, so why get all over exited that the app is there for Apple devices and not Blackberrys?

Could it be that maybe there are more iPhone/iPod Touch users than actually Blackberry users so it makes perfect sense to release these first. Maybe Apple is easier to work with for R&D purposes than Blackberry are (don't know what OS they are running - probably their own)...
Old Sep 24, 2010, 9:03 am

Programs: Flying Blue, GHA - Pan Pacific Hotels
KLM Blackberry App is available

You can get the app from the Blackberry App store. Here is the link http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/14284 There is also an app for Air France as well.
Old Sep 24, 2010, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

According to Privium Update, the Schiphol Travel App offers "check-in immediately on KLM flights to Schengen countries", not to mention "the itinerary and the boarding pass".

Johan
Old Sep 26, 2010, 11:01 am

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M, BA Executive Club, Sofitel Plat, Priority Club, Starwood Preferred Guest
Originally Posted by Cupart
Or just like Microsoft is ruling the PC market or Google taking over the actual web and don't get me started on Facebook

I honestly don't understand the rant.

I believe most people did fine without any KL/AF app's for either the iPod Touch/iPhone and/or their BlackBerry before, so why get all over exited that the app is there for Apple devices and not Blackberrys?

Could it be that maybe there are more iPhone/iPod Touch users than actually Blackberry users so it makes perfect sense to release these first. Maybe Apple is easier to work with for R&D purposes than Blackberry are (don't know what OS they are running - probably their own)...
+1 ^
Old Oct 18, 2010, 1:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
There is a new KL app: KLMConverter, it converts "everything from shoe to brah sizes". In the appstore now!
Old Oct 24, 2010, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
There is a new KL app: KLMConverter, it converts "everything from shoe to brah sizes". In the appstore now!
I thought you were joking, but it exists and I'm downloading it now

Good old KLM, spending their money developing pointless stuff. I used to like the endless games and competitions they'd create.

Why doesn't it let me input a KLM flight number and then it converts it to the flight number of another airline that flies that route at a similar time.

Really I do like KLM, despite the criticisms I found them decent but after Flying Blue april fools changes I'm averaging once a year on KLM. Now BAEC has become as generous as the old FD programme for mileage earnings (100% discount Y) I've started using my home carrier more

Last edited by layz; Oct 24, 2010 at 10:43 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.