Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Is the % Booking Discount Gone w/ B6 AMEX?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2009, 11:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels

apologies if this belongs in the AMEX forum but I though B6 FTers would know best

I'm confused...

I hold a B6 Biz Amex and just received a letter stating:

"Effective September 25, 2009, Jet Blue will no longer be participating in the OPEN Savings program. This means that all purchases on jetblue.com or via 1-800-JETBLUE will no longer be eligible for the 3-5% OPEN Savings discount."

I then headed over to AMEX where the B6 Biz card application still lists the OPEN Saving program as a card feature.

http://tinyurl.com/y9a3znw

Then I headed over to the Personal card features and saw no discount for booking w/B6.

Once upon a time I swore, there was maybe a 2% discount with the Personal card that jumped to 5% if you booked w/the Biz card

Did I miss something or some earlier changes to the B6 cards?

thanks
Old Sep 26, 2009, 9:14 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, BA, CO, UA, US, B6, DL, Amex MR, HH
There was never a discount with the personal card, but as part of the OPEN program, business card holders would get a 3-5% discount on jetBlue purchased flights. Now it appears that the discount is no longer offered, but you'd still be able to get discounts from the OPEN program on businesses that are still participating.
Old Sep 27, 2009, 6:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Wow....first DL drops out and now B6. That sucks. I actually got my 3% back (basic Open card; 5% was for B6-branded) on my AYCJ pass.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.