Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Q2 '09 Results Reported - $20MM profit!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2009, 6:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Rather impressive numbers reported this morning for Q2.

http://investor.jetblue.com/phoenix....563&highlight=

Among the highlights, fuel costs are $1.97/gallon, way lower than the $3.17 they paid last year. Still, there was a $42MM line-item loss reported for fuel hedging contracts in Q2. Not great, but not horrendous either. They are 9% hedged for Q3, 22% hedged for Q4 and 15% hedged for 2010.

They seem to have plenty of cash on the books, for now, too. That's nice.

The only minor blemish on the books was that the CASM excluding fuel increased 9.6% over 2008 to 6.12 cents. Not a surprise really but not great.
Old Jul 23, 2009, 8:05 am

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, Sky Miles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Hertz
Earnings conf. call is live now!
Old Jul 23, 2009, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by jetBlueNYFL
Earnings conf. call is live now!
Yeah, what is exactly to says something from CEO today? Is that B6 is earnings today more profits net is $20M? I'm sure B6 will continues to get better economic need to be improvable. How about B6 will able looking for another more specific new routes coming soon.
Old Jul 29, 2009, 9:56 am

Programs: UA 1K M, AA 2 MM PREM, AVIS First, HYATT Explorist, Marriott Lifetime Platinum., Hilton Gold.
Stock value?

If B6 has earned 20M, shouldn't the price of the stock show that?
Old Jul 29, 2009, 10:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ACC2008
If B6 has earned 20M, shouldn't the price of the stock show that?
I think it does.

I finally got through listening to the rest of the conf call and noted a couple other interesting (at least to me) bits:
  • MBJ is the single most successful route B6 has ever launched. They are ridiculously happy with the performance of that route.
  • They expect continued growth in the Caribbean market
  • The ASMs breakdown by market right now is:
    • Caribbean 23%
    • TransCon 31%
    • Florida 32%
    • Shorthaul/other 14%
  • Charging for LiveTV is an opportunity "but we have to be very careful." "We're a long way away from converting over to a swipe model for our entire customer base."
That last one leaves open an interesting opportunity for them to do things like only include it in some fares or for TB members or TB2 "elite" members or many other things.
Old Jul 30, 2009, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sbm12
The ASMs breakdown by market right now is:
  • Caribbean 23%
  • TransCon 31%
  • Florida 32%
  • Shorthaul/other 14%
Interesting stat on the percentage of their ASMs in the vacation routes. I expected it to be up there, but not as high as 55%.
Old Jul 30, 2009, 2:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nerd
Interesting stat on the percentage of their ASMs in the vacation routes. I expected it to be up there, but not as high as 55%.
Barger mentioned in the conf call that the Visiting Friends and Relatives (VFR) aspect of their market segment was huge. These numbers bear that out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.