Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Even More Legroom" seats

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2009, 9:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: Starwood Gold, Marriott Silver, HHonors Silver, United MileagePlus, Jet Blue TrueBlue
"Even More Legroom" seats

Family of four flying B6 JFK-NAS in November. I chose our seats yesterday but decided to not pay $25/seat more (each way) for bigger seats. When checking in 24 hours prior to departure if these seats are still available can they be chosen with no fee? How about when boarding?

In other words if these bigger seats are unocuppied can anyone eventually "grab" them without paying? If so, when?

I guess I am a cheapskate!!!!

Thanks,

Marc
Old Jul 8, 2009, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by gores95
In other words if these bigger seats are unocuppied can anyone eventually "grab" them without paying? If so, when?
No. If you've already selected your seats, those are the seats you will keep until you board. Airports Crewmembers will assign seats to customers without seat assignments from several days up until an hour or two before the flight. The only scenario in which a customer can get assigned to one without paying is if he/she doesn't choose a seat assignment at booking, and an EML seat is the only option (full flight) when assigning seats to customers who don't have one.
Old Jul 11, 2009, 1:26 pm
djs

Programs: UA, Hertz Gold, AA Gold, DL Silver
For the record, they are not "bigger" but only have more legroom then other seats on the plane.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 11:22 am

Programs: bonvoy lifetime titanium, UA 1k, BR gold
also, if the seats are empty after you board, the crew have not stopped people from swapping over for more legroom (in my experience)
Old Jul 13, 2009, 1:22 pm

Programs: Hertz 5*, SPG Gold, Hilton Silver, Very Confused
another option is to select seata A and C on the flights leaving the center seat open. these will usually be the last ones selected by other pasengers so if the flight isn't full, there's a chance you may get an empty middle. while it's not more legroom, you do get space to stretch out.

if the seat does get taken, then you will rarely encounter a person would wouldn't rather have a window or asile so switching isn't an issue.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 2:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP 5MM
I'd only add...

that SOP seems to be to place standby B6 employee travelers in empty premium seats.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 2:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by rothsteg
that SOP seems to be to place standby B6 employee travelers in empty premium seats.
Not all that surprising. Those seats are generally the last ones to be assigned. And it isn't like B6 is preventing people from buying the seats to do so.
Old Jul 22, 2009, 5:54 pm

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
Remember if flying the E190 Row 18 has One More Inch FREE....^

The Bad news is that you will near the last to deplane meaning the back of the line at Immigration..Thankfully I have Residency so can bypass the Long Lines which happens at certain times.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.