Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

First flight on Jetblue-what to expect?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2009, 2:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS

If all goes well will be taking my first flight on B6 Clt-Jfk 12Jul one of the am flights & return same day.(Flying NRSA) So what can I expect ?

PS: Any crewmembers that post flying any of these trips ?
Old Jun 28, 2009, 3:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Decent seats, free soda and free snacks. And a decent chance of ATC delays out of JFK in the afternoon, but that's just JFK.
Old Jun 28, 2009, 9:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Airlines Gold
I'm flying JFK-CLT about a week earlier, hope you enjoy your flight with us. Do you work for another airline?
Old Jun 28, 2009, 9:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by coachrowsey
So what can I expect ?
Have you been on a plane before? If so, it won't be very different from what you remember (there's a seat belt, kind of like in your car, and there will be times when you're not allowed to get up, even if you really have to pee. Your ears might pop, and the little bag in the pocket in front of your seat is not a doggie bag for taking home any of the free snacks you can't finish).
Old Jun 28, 2009, 9:52 pm

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, Sky Miles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Hertz
You'll also enjoy great IFE - 36 channels of free live Direct TV, over 100 channels of free XM Radio, Times On Air channel, and 3 JetBlue features movie channels (although your flight distance may be too short for that).
Old Jun 29, 2009, 8:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nerd
Have you been on a plane before? If so, it won't be very different from what you remember (there's a seat belt, kind of like in your car, and there will be times when you're not allowed to get up, even if you really have to pee. Your ears might pop, and the little bag in the pocket in front of your seat is not a doggie bag for taking home any of the free snacks you can't finish).
For all of the other great answers thank you very much. Now as for this post congradulations on the stupidest post I've read on Flyertalk. I've "only" worked for the airlines 30 years & have flown 1or 2 times in the past just never on B6. I've heard nothing but good about B6 thus the reason for the question.
Old Jun 29, 2009, 9:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

For all of the other great answers thank you very much. Now as for this post congradulations on the stupidest post I've read on Flyertalk.
C'mon...there have been many, many posts that were much more stupid.
Old Jun 29, 2009, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For all of the other great answers thank you very much. Now as for this post congradulations on the stupidest post I've read on Flyertalk. I've "only" worked for the airlines 30 years & have flown 1or 2 times in the past just never on B6. I've heard nothing but good about B6 thus the reason for the question.
I'm sorry. It didn't sound like a question from someone who should know that B6 gets you from Point A -> Point B pretty much the same way everyone else does, though the pretzels (and TV) do vary from carrier to carrier.
Old Jun 29, 2009, 10:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nerd
I'm sorry. It didn't sound like a question from someone who should know that B6 gets you from Point A -> Point B pretty much the same way everyone else does, though the pretzels (and TV) do vary from carrier to carrier.
Apology accepted. Like I said I've heard nothing but good about B6 & do to lack of time I'm not on this forum an awful lot. So just looking for replys from the people here who fly Jetblue alot.
Old Jun 30, 2009, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Apology accepted. Like I said I've heard nothing but good about B6 & do to lack of time I'm not on this forum an awful lot. So just looking for replys from the people here who fly Jetblue alot.
Fair enough.

As others have said: Better legroom, free TV, free snacks, and the downside is dealing with a route network that has a JFK hub and sometimes doesn't recover well after bad weather.
Old Jun 30, 2009, 6:44 pm

Programs: trueblue ,mileageplus skymiles, hilton honors silver
Flying jetblue

The planes are nice and the tv comes in handy when you are taxinging for 45 minutes. I hope you get a nice sunny day as JFK can be when the weather is not nice .

PS. I think you are from USAIR and I would like to tell you I had a nice pair of flights on the A319 were nice and clean . Of cours the price was 1/2 of that on Delta and I avoided going thru ATL . Have not flown on USAIR in about 10 years but I would do it again.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 9:13 am
Original Poster

BIG thanks JetBlue

CLT-JFK B6 1082 Su 12Jul 1hr 18min en-rte.
To JetBlue a great big THANKS for a great trip yesterday. I think I have a new favorite airline^ Flt was on time. Everyone was very friendly. Clean airplane & to me the best was the in-flight entertainment & the Dunkin Doughnuts coffee along with the chocolate chip cookies.

I can't iminage anyone using anyone else on this route unless you have no choice as was me on return. Again thanks all^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.